Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Engineering Believe there's more than one way to secure a successful future in controls systems? So do we. We believe our summer internships differ from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to learn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens, we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, groundbreaking software and ingenious inventions.
With unprecedented level of investment, there has never been a better time to gain experience in the rail industry.
The demand for mobility is growing as the transportation of people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure and national economies. Mobility is providing solutions to the following questions: How will cities solve the problems of increasing traffic? How can railway operators improve the punctuality of service and security of their systems? How can we ensure that the carbon footprint produced by transportation is kept to a minimum?
All mobility-related products, solutions and services from Siemens are bundled into the 'Mobility Division'. Part of our mobility division is 'Siemens Rail Infrastructure' who are a global leader in the design, supply, installation and commissioning of trackside and train borne signalling as well as train control solutions. We also work on international projects from our Chippenham headquarters.
Embark on your 3-month placement with us whilst making a difference in what really matters. By the end of your placement, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in engineering.
Here's what it takes to join some of the world's brightest minds
- Assisting in delivering project engineering work-packages
- Developing knowledge and skills in the preparation of engineering plans, specifications and system design to ensure these are delivered to time, quality, and cost parameters
- Building a working knowledge of our products, systems and strategies for implementation
- Preparing and maintaining team resource schedules to identify resource utilisation and work with the Principle Project Engineer to maximize resource utilisation/efficiency
- Participating in the Continuous Improvement of project engineering by identifying efficiencies in project engineering while promoting engineering excellence, through the adoption of new processes tools and methods of working
- Carrying out work placements in specified technical and non-technical business functions
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
What else do I need to know?
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in electronic engineering, computer science or another engineering-based subject
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
We're looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering Apply now and join Europe's leading engineering and technology company.
The start date for this role is the 12th June 2023.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £19,305 per annum (pro rata).
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.Organization:
Siemens Mobility LimitedExperience Level:
not definedFull / Part time:
Full-timeFound this job inappropriate? Report to us