DoD SkillBridge Internship - FireAlarm Inspector Helper - Houston, Texas
This opportunity is unique toactive-duty US Military Service members with formal approval to participate asa DoD SkillBridge Intern in collaboration with Vets2PM's authorized DoDSkillBridge program.
Desired Military Experience, Backgrounds and/or Aptitude:
About our Smart Buildings:
- Civil Engineering (HVAC & Electrician)
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Computer Systems
- Automation/Integration Technicians & Specialists
- Satellite/Radar Systems
- Comm Techs
- Fire Control Navaids
- Submarine Electronics/Computer Techs
- Avionics Systems & more!
Becausewe spend 90% of our lives in buildings, they should be perfect places for allwe do. Smart buildings enhance the experience. Interacting with people,systems, and ambient elements, they learn from experience and real-time input.Using intelligent control, security, and energy management systems, we helpfactories and offices better support the industries they house. We helpschools, hospitals, data centers, and military bases have a great impact - allwhile increasing comfort, efficiency, resilience, and safety. Our SmartBuildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsibleenvironments. Our aim isn't just about improving buildings;it's about creating perfect places thatimprove peoples' lives.
>>Lean more about Siemens Smart BuildingsWhat Fire Alarm Inspector Helpers do for Siemens SmartInfrastructure:
This inspector position performsassigned tasks on fire alarm systems including minor repairs and visual andfunctional testing on fire alarm systems in accordance with all national andlocal standards. Responsibilities:
• Assists in performingservice agreement tasks to include visual and functional testing on firedetection systems and field devices in accordance with all national (NFPA) andlocal (AHJ) standards.
• Maintains complete andaccurate documentation of tests performed using Excel.
• Provides neededassistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs asdirected.
• Assists in performingminor repairs as directed.
• Must have strong Excelexperience for generating reports, knowledge of Microsoft Word.
• Strong customer service,organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to climbladders.
• Ability to carry up to25 lbs.Qualifications:
- U.S. Military experience as an E4 or above (Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Reserves)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associates degree preferred
- Electro-mechanical aptitude/knowledge/skills
- Knowledge of Building Automation Controls, Fire/Life Safety or Integrated Security systems preferred
- For positions related to Fire/Life Safety: knowledge of NFPA codes and show an ability to obtain certification in NICET I is preferred
- Computer and software skills
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project experience preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- You must be able to read/understand design and construction documents; work in a variety of environments in and around mechanical equipment, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions; use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted
This position may support Siemens' customers who require allemployees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permittedby applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legallyprotected reasons. Why work for Siemens as a SkillBridge Intern?
Youwill gain hands-on experience during your internship and will have theopportunity to join (upon successful completion of the internship) one of theworld's largest and best-known companies as acknowledged in 2022 by:Fortune:
World's Most Admired CompaniesForbes:
America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers forDiversity, and Best Employers for New GraduatesFast Company:
Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas AwardsCorporate Equality Index:
Best Places to Work forLGBTQ+ Equality
Weoffer our full-time employees (post-SkillBridge) an excellentbenefits/compensation package, growth/learning/development opportunities, and adiverse/inclusive culture where everyone plays their part and makes an impactfor our team and our customers.
Siemens Industry, Inc.Experience Level:
Early ProfessionalFull / Part time:
Full-Time temporaryEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us