Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform "That sounds interesting!" into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - check out our communities!
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2022, Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.What will you do?
This is a role in the Regional Services and Solutions (RSS) business of the Smart Infrastructure (SI) division of Siemens. Through this role, you will contribute to the Smart Building transformation of new and existing Buildings. This is a great opportunity with great impact!
As Business Development Manager (BDM)
for the GTA and Southwestern Ontario,
you will be based in Ontario and will contribute to the business growth of the Toronto Branch. You will act as the strategic leader in developing, selling, and implementing our latest Integrated building systems and services to address the specific customer's goals for to achieve a connected, efficient, productive and sustainable infrastructure. Your focus will be on some of the largest most prominent projects/ customers in GTA and SWO Canada, you will lead and influence the smart buildings of tomorrow!
The BDM is an integral member of the team, working across sales and operations. Your focus will be early engagement with end users, developers, consultants and architects across the GTA and Southwestern Ontario to increase top line growth for the business.Responsibilities:
- You will be an advocate in the market to influence, change and guide organizations on their digital journey.
- Lead the early engagement to uncover, develop and nurture strategic project pursuits
- Identify, nurture, and acquire "net-new" business opportunities to drive growth and profitability opportunities through meetings, networking and other channels.
- Meeting with existing and new customers to develop positive relationships to win projects.
- Track and report running pipeline of opportunities in close collaboration with branch and zone leadership.
- Engage proper HQ resources as required for project development.
- Proactively position Siemens as a technology and energy partner with general contractors, consultants, and end-users.
- Work within Siemens internal and external ecosystem to enhance customer focuses use-cases.
- Transform existing customer to digitalized and connected building portfolio/campus.
- Lead tier construction market approach utilizing leveraging the vast Siemens portfolio.
- Support the sales and operations teams to successfully sell and execute smart building solutions.
- Provide guidance to branch sales management on winning strategic projects
- Conduct project and vertical market specific discussions.
based out of our Oakville ON office,
covering Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and Southwestern Ontario (SWO)What will you need to succeed?
- Mechanical, Electrical or Information Technology Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma
- Technical proficiency, knowledge and expertise related to Smart Buildings and Building Systems (BAS, Security Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, IT, ...)
- 5+ years of relevant industry work experience in the Southern Ontario market
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of applications, including advanced presentation skills
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Experience
- Strong business acumen; presentation and facilitation skills
- Local travel: approx. 30-40%
- Valid Driver's License in good standing
About us.We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
- A strong consultative technical approach to understanding customer needs and communicating solutions that solve their project/ business use-cases.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada's passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.Organization:
Siemens Canada LimitedExperience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalFull / Part time:
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d'accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us