Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2022, Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.Grid Software Business Unit
Here at Siemens Grid Software, our mission is to accelerate and secure the energy transition. We ensure a reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing, and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go 'round. No matter where power comes from or where it must go, we ensure it makes its way - every step of the way!Grid Simulation Business Segment
Did you know that over 70% of all electricity in the world flows through infrastructure that was planned or analyzed with our PSS® portfolio?
Our Grid Simulation software portfolio is one of the cornerstones of the Grid Software Business Unit, and of the entire power industry. Utilities use our Grid Simulation PSS® portfolio to design, model, simulate, and analyze power grids at every voltage level from Transmission to Distribution.
We currently have a unique opportunity for a vibrant Software Business Developer to join a group of innovative and future thinking people, with a passion for driving software sales.What will you do?
We are seeking a Business Developer (BD) who will be the sales entrepreneur for their assigned territory. The primary metric for success in this position is Order Intake. Some of the highlights of this role which will contribute to achieving yearly sales targets include:
What will you need to succeed?
- Owning and executing Grid Simulation software sales for assigned territory
- Selling our portfolio into existing verticals
- Developing and executing go-to-market / growth initiatives, sales strategies, and account plans
- Providing Area Sales Directors with weekly updates on forecast, funnel, initiatives, and key opportunities
- Leading & executing field sales campaigns against targeted verticals. Taking a data-driven approach to sales steering.
- Clearly communicating Siemens Grid Software's vision, value proposition and key differentiators to customers at the Director level and above
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with director/VP level at major accounts throughout the territory
- Seeking out and identifying "champions" within assigned accounts who will further your sales efforts within the customer's organization
- Building and executing business development plans to enter new/underserved verticals, markets, and customers - both directly as well as through new/existing channel partners.
- Coaching and providing thought leadership to the bid team on key/large deals
- Have a bachelor's degree in science or Business or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Business development
- Extensive experience selling software, ideally to utility customers
- Demonstrated ability to manage, analyze, and win complex bids
- You are an owner - you take responsibility for any issue relating to your business
- Ability to create, own and manage sales campaigns
- Ability to manage sales forecasts and maintain sales momentum
- Maintain understanding of the local market for your assigned territory
- Be able to apply sales frameworks such as MEDDICC to qualify & progress deals throughout their lifecycle
- Experience with Challenger selling is a plus
- Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecasting, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota across multiple product lines
- Demonstrated experience with diverse sales channels - both direct and indirect - in a large matrix organization
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management, and sense of accountability
- Ability to strategize and creatively solve problems to overcome customer challenges
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization including director/VP and C-Suite
: Up to 25% within assigned territory (based on Siemens travel policies related to COVID-19)About us.We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada's passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.Organization:
Siemens Canada LimitedExperience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalFull / Part time:
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d'accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us