Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability.
Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges
We want to get on board an ATC Engineer for National and International projects
Responsible for the application engineering of ATC signaling equipment according to the project and product specifications, covering both hardware and software specification, definition of interface specification, vehicle survey, electrical design, mechanical design, design of communications interfaces, creation of test specifications and documentation, execution and support of static and dynamic tests.
The ATC Engineer role offers you the possibility to work in an international and multidisciplinary engineering team, facing challenging projects both in the national and international markets.
This role allows the possibility of working part of the time in mobile working / home office, offering a high level of flexibility and better control of the work-life balance.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Project requirements analysis activities at ATC sub-system level.
• Participation in all the phases of the hardware and software ATC application engineering cycle, including the requirements specification, implementation, commissioning, ...
• Preparation of specific technical documentation according to the requirements of the project and / or applicable regulations.
• Perform vehicle survey during project execution.
• Creation of list of components and materials (bill of quantities) for ATC subsystem.
• Creation and review of interface specification between ATC and other subsystems and rolling stock.
• Creation of project specific documentation regarding ATC (train wiring, train and track parameters, etc.).
• ATC HW design (rolling stock book of circuits, on-board ATC book of circuits, etc.).
• Implementation of non-functional requirements and EMC for ATC.
• Support to bidding team.
oWork with the different stakeholders involved in the bid process to ensure completeness in the proposed technical solution.
oPerform vehicles survey during bidding phase.
The following list includes valuable skills for the ATC Engineer role. If you fulfil several of them, we are interested to meet you and to arrange an interview.
• Experience in a Rail Signaling business
• Knowledge of one or more ATC signaling technologies for applications in Mass Transit (like CBTC, ...), Main Line (like ERTMS, ASFA, ...), Freights and Light Rail.
• Desirable knowledge in the applications of on-board railway signaling equipment:
oDesign of electrical interfaces of on-board equipment for railway signaling.
oMechanical interfaces of on-board equipment for railway signaling.
oEngineering Configuration of on-board equipment for railway signaling.
oEngineering commissioning of on-board equipment for railway signaling.
• Use of engineering tools such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, Solid Edge, ...
• Advanced capabilities in data analysis by use of Microsoft Excel, including creation VBA macros.
• Experience in Requirements Management, specification, traceability and validation. Knowledge of requirements management tools such as DOORS.
• Knowledge of CENELEC standards and V-life Cycle models
• Planning capabilities. Knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar project planning software.
• Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Subversion, PVCS, ...
• Availability to travel.
• Experience in international projects and ability to work with teams distributed in several countries.
• Ability to work in teams, good communication skills and a results-oriented approach.
• Fluent written and spoken English. Fluent Spanish is desirable.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. Flexibility is our main benefit. We combine remote and presence work because work-life balance and wellbeing are essential for our teams. We are convinced that stay at home allow us to focus on activities that need more time for concentration and being at the office enhance our creativity collaborating and learning from others.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time