The Audio Visual Client Support Specialist manages audio visual systems in a variety of group communication spaces. The successful candidate will be responsible for system design, installation, equipment use, repair, troubleshooting, training and the creation of future technology roadmaps. The AV Specialist will provides audio-visual support for meetings and other events in conference rooms, training rooms, public spaces and executive offices. This role will be based in Wilsonville, Oregon or Fremont, California and is not a remote worker position.
Skills and Abilities:
- Provide technical assistance and training to staff to facilitate effective group communications in audio-visual equipped spaces.
- Answer inquiries concerning the use of audio-visual equipment including: microphones, speakers, control systems, projection screens, fixed/ceiling mounted projectors, video monitors, video conferencing equipment, A/V cabling, and lighting.
- Repair, maintenance, and testing of audiovisual equipment.
- Set-up and monitoring multi-site video and audio conferences; Interfaces with IT to assist with the development of audio and video standards and has a basic knowledge of network topography.
- Maintain inventory of audio-visual equipment, suggest repair, storage or replacement of equipment.
- Project management of AV systems installation; Working with internal customers and vendors to recommend conference room layouts and AV system design.
- Must have a working knowledge of professional audio-visual construction and installation issues to include, architectural plan reading, floor box types, conduit size requirements, plenum/non-plenum ceiling requirements, cable pathways, A/V rack layout, signal flow, basic interior construction types (steel stud, wood stud, drywall, acoustically treated walls, reinforced walls, suspended ceiling, etc...), electrical requirements to isolate A/V equipment from damage and video/voice over IP methods.
- Works closely with internal and external customers to determine their needs, set up and/or supervise AV support during company events
- Set-up and tear-down of audio visual equipment for corporate events.
- Repairs or reports hardware problems and troubleshoots unresolved software problems.
- Maintains relationships with AV equipment manufacturers, manufacturer's representatives and integration companies.
- Maintains and upgrades knowledge and skills by reading professional trade publications and attending seminars.
- Works in a manner safe to the individual and other people; follows safety rules and safe working practices; uses safety equipment as required.
- Responsible for design and implementation of A/V related training programs and supporting documentation to include quick start guides, user manuals, video distribution of manufacturer or installer trainings.
- Provides a roadmap of current equipment life cycles and future group communication methods, to assist facilities management with planning and budgeting.
Education and Experience:
- Familiar with audio-visual control systems such as: AMX, Crestron and Extron
- Must be well versed in analog and digital signal types, cabling types, audio connectors, video connectors and signal conversion methods.
- Understands and can apply knowledge of audio standards, acoustics, echo cancellation, feedback suppression, microphone types and program/voice audio issues.
- Familiar with current and emerging video technologies for displays and projection systems and can articulate which technology is appropriate for each presentation space. Must understand screen types, angle-of-view and ambient light issues with video.
- Must have a working knowledge of professional audio-visual construction and installation issues to include, architectural plan reading, floor box types, conduit size requirements, plenum/non-plenum ceiling requirements, cable pathways, A/V rack layout, signal flow, basic interior construction types.
- Ability to train users that may have limited AV experience.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve issues in an expeditious manner to meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Strong task management and organization; self-driven problem solver.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Relevant Diploma or Associate degree preferred
- 3+ years working experience in a related role preferable in corporate environment
- CTS- Certified Technical Specialist preferred
- CAP, PMP preferred but not required
- Work is performed in a normal office environment with little exposure to outdoor temperatures or dirt and dust. Working conditions are typically moderately quiet. Working may sometimes require irregular hours, and/or on-call status. This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. May be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Siemens Industry Software Inc.Experience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalJob Type:
Full-timeEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us