The Oracle Database Administrator must manage the Oracle Database related to different Enterprise
Applications including Oracle EBS. The Oracle DBA has to work closely with Oracle Apps DBAs and other
Application DBAs and together support All Production Systems. The Oracle DBA should work with
Unix/Linux Team, Network team and help them resolve the day to day Database Performance issues.
- Installation, configuration, and deployment of Oracle 12c for different Enterprise Applications.
- Perform Major and minor Upgrades to Oracle Databases.
- Provide production Support, Solutions, and Expertise for Oracle, Exadata & Golden Gate.
- Work with Onsite teams and collaborate.
- Work closely with various development teams across the enterprise to ensure proper use of
Oracle features, best practices, and adherence to database standards.
- Train and mentor developers in Oracle development methodology and best practices.
- Troubleshoot different Production Issues quickly.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve Oracle EBS issues related to Database.
- Troubleshoot Database Performance issues.
- Tune complex Oracle SQL proactively and reactively as required. Should be able to rewrite SQL
queries where necessary.
- Manage routine Database Backup procedures and disaster recovery procedures.
- Apply Database/CRS patches, PSU’s, Bundle Patches, etc. as required.
- Handle DBA tickets, user requests, routine support, and maintenance.
- Design, implement and maintain capacity planning for database systems.
- Design and implement database security schemas.
- Assist Onsite DBA with complex tasks and troubleshooting.
- Provide On-Call support to Production Systems.
- Participate in the DBA team on-call rotation.
- Ability to work off hours/weekends as required.
- Good Communications Skills. Good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus and work
closely with fellow DBAs.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Oracle 12c, RAC, ASM, Flashback, RMAN, Data Guard, and
Oracle Golden Gate.
- Expertise implementing Oracle Data Guard and the different features around Data Guard.
- Expertise implementing RMAN, cloning, backup & recovery.
- Must have SQL and Database Tuning skills.
- Unix/Linux expertise including but not limited to volume management, kernel parameter
analysis, shell scripting, understanding of networking concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Suitable experience will substitute.
- 3-5 years of overall experience in information systems is required with 2-4 years of Managing
Oracle Databases working as a DBA.