We are seeking a highly motivated Engineering Leader to lead and manage the development team of our startup ecosystem. The ideal candidate should have experience in leading a team of developers, a passion for innovation, and a strong desire to contribute to the growth of the startup ecosystem. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and delivery of software solutions that support the business goals of the startup ecosystem.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in one or more product domains
- Should have demonstrated the ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- Managing end-to-end product development and delivery
- Owning the technical architecture and leading the engineering decisions for the product
- Collaborating with designers, developers, growth managers, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Leading a team of engineers, mentoring them, and motivating them to solve complex problems. Sharing timely feedback with the team members
- Scale the engineering team and work with senior engineers to refine infrastructure and solve product problems
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- You have 8+ years of experience in software engineering, with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to motivate and manage teams effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- You are comfortable conducting code reviews and giving feedback to ensure high code maintainability and extensibility standards.
- You are energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You've high confidence, a low ego, and are generally a good human being: )
- You love Slack (we are a Slack-first company)You have been part of an early/mid-stage start-up before
- You love TechCrunch. We are obsessed with reading and talking about startups
- You have created some amazing open-source projects