Our client is a leading specialty chemicals and Fertilizer manufacturing company, one of the largest in its domain worldwide. They wish to recruit the Head of Procurement/Strategic Sourcing for Indian operations operations.
The main objective of the Procurement head would be delivery of cost efficiencies, compliance and driving an increased contribution to the organisation's growth.
The role is challenging with a well-balanced mix of Supply, Demand and Indirect procurement responsibilities in a high growth market with the concurrent need to constrain costs.
Specific responsibilities include :
- Develop & execute procurement strategies which support market to excel and over deliver the Supply, Demand and Indirect/direct - RM & Capital Procurement objectives.
- This includes supplier selection, development of alternative suppliers, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance
- Make sure that company is partnered with the correct suppliers in the market to drive long term value
- Sourcing fine chemicals , specialty chemicals, Equipments AND Technology providers.
- Establish functional credibility with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Cost optimization
- Overseeing port logistics from customs and turn around point of view.
We invite applications from seasoned Procurement specialists with good academic credentials - BE - Chemical, MBA
- Should have at least 20 - 25 years of holistic Procurement experience with majority experience in Fertilizer / Specialty chemicals manufacturing companies.
- Must have handled procurement for organisations with turnover of at least 1000 cr
- Strong leadership skills to build and maintain effective teams.
- Proven track record of delivery in challenging business environments and ability to engage and influence a wide range of senior stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of world-class procurement systems, processes and practices.
- Conceptual clarity, great negotiation skills and understanding of commercial and tax implications is a must.
Interested professionals please apply ASAP.