QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited (QS), the world's leading media and events company in the higher education sector. QS has a global presence (offices are located in eight countries and events held in 60 countries) and has a loyal ‘blue-chip' client base consisting of business schools, universities and corporate employers. QS is a multi-cultural organization, with more than 25 languages spoken by our team members. We are known for our entrepreneurial spirit and actively encourage employees to initiate and develop ideas and share the rewards of our success. You should be comfortable with the challenges of a dynamic environment.
The role is of business analyst in the product management group. With growing demand on the product management in terms of deliverables, this role would assist the team in fulfilling all the product related demands.
Responsibilities & requirements of the role
- Develop detailed requirement documentation from high level business documentation
- Maintain requirement documentation for existing and new features
- Validate requirements before release to ensure the released features are as per requirements.
- Manage requirement cards in the form of user stories and detailed tasks in JIRA
- Liaise to create and update help documentation
- Liaise with product engineering team on new product feature implementation
- Liaise with customer support, project management and product engineering teams for pilot release and testing before new releases
- Act as liaison between customer support and tech teams for bug resolution
- Run daily calls to track and prioritise bugs
- Track, create and maintain reports on bug resolution and product usage
Understand the existing product thoroughly and develop the ability to do demo
Qualifications & experience required
Engineering graduate with an MBA, preferably
- Worked as business analyst with at least 4-8 years of experience in the role. Experience with product management team would be a bonus
- Experience in requirements documentation and analysis
- Experience in user stories-based requirement generation, preferably JIRA
- Experience in Agile based product development
Experience in interaction with clients for product support and validation would be a plus
- Possesses good communication skills, especially in English
- Ability to be diligent and analytical is very important.
- Experience working with product engineering team
- Experience in higher education domain would be a plus.
- Experience working with an already established products would be a plus too.