Institution Sales Manager
The primary responsibility of the Institutional Sales role is to identify opportunities and develop relationships with Institutional investors and investment consultants in assigned institutional market channels.
Key Responsibilities / Duties :
- Identifies and cultivates prospects and/or clients
- Initiates and follows up on new business opportunities.
- Leads new business meetings and closes sales to institutional investors and consultants.
- Leverages the organization's relationship with existing institutional accounts by developing and executing proactive, creative, and ongoing contact initiatives.
- Develops and maintains relationships with sub-advisors and consultants.
- Acts as a liaison to the investment management groups to ensure active, enthusiastic support of the sales and marketing process.
- Collaborates with Marketing team on product and sales materials to ensure they are current and focused for the applicable presentation, conference, or opportunity.
- Works closely with team members to further develop sales opportunities.
Work Experience / Knowledge :
- 6 to 8 years of relevant working experience.
- Must have demonstrated ability to create sales/relationship opportunities with clients, prospects and consultants in assigned market segments.
- Must have excellent sales skills and in-depth product and broad investment knowledge.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required :
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well with a variety of people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to close business
- General understanding of the financial markets and investment vehicles
- Bachelor's degree. MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Compensation commensurate with experience and demonstrated track record