This position, under the general direction of both the supervisor and manager, provides technical support for our award-winning K-12 software systems. This position provides world class solutions-oriented technical support with a strong focus on customer service that is designed to maximum customer satisfaction. This position requires the employee to become proficient with all aspects of the application software functionality in order to accurately analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software or system related issues. This position will interact with customers via telephone and written internet based communication.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides application support relating to software functionality, incident resolution and systems configuration, through various mediums, including case escalations, phone, email and chat.
- Recognizes both basic and advanced problems, conducts research, provides resolutions and follows up with customers as needed, escalating more complex cases to the appropriate team
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation
- Meet and exceed established benchmarks and expectations
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports
- Consults with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs
- Stay current on all key support topics, including product knowledge and required technical and soft skills
- May test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work
- Provide expert, top quality customer support, including professional, courteous and timely communication during all levels of interaction.
- All other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 2-5 years’ prior experience in a technical support role
- Minimum 1 year experience in an escalations role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite•Salesforce experience required (and Bomgar preferred)
- Working knowledge of Jira and API
- Familiarity with Cloud based technologies
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SQL queries and relational databases •Strong attention to detail and time management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing [email protected]