This position, under the general direction of the Lead and/or Manager, Software Engineering, will be responsible for technical and development support for our award-winning K-12 software. This role will implement, code, build, and test new features, maintain existing features, and develop reports that will include components, data models, customization and reporting features for our products. Additionally, this position will gather and refine requirements, develop designs, implement, test and document solutions to produce the highest quality product and customer satisfaction.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work as part of an Agile SCRUM team in the planning, scoping, estimation and execution of technical solutions
- Develop scalable web applications and services
- Investigate and resolve issues reported for a large web application following best practices such as authoring or updating unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms
- Analyze performance and develop improvements to performance of web application
- Assist with security updates to web application
- Perform upgrades to 3rd party libraries and tools used by the web application
- Implement new web application software features and products following best practices such as authoring of unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms
- Specialize in client or server side web application development as a member of a project team
- Familiarity with the full technical stack
- Develop software to support internal initiatives, tools, update framework and application functionality
- Work within a wide range of new and legacy code and technologies in a mature codebase
- Train and mentor new and more junior software engineers
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineer role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technologies required or equivalent experience
- Ability to architect, test, develop, implement and troubleshoot multi-layer web applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills•
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing [email protected]