Roles and Responsibilities :
Candidate Should Have a History Of :
- Preparation and analysis of financial and operational MIS
- Should be on top of numbers and have the ability to read the trends
- Preparation of presentation for Senior Management and Board of Directors
- Confidence and experience in interacting with vertical heads and addressing queries
- Preparation of Budgets / Annual operating plans and understanding the metrics behind the budgets
- Proper cost allocation to various segments and identifying cost optimization opportunities across verticals
- Research on best reporting practices in the industry and implement internally
- Understands the economics, metrics and drivers of costs and share leads on potential opportunities to optimize costs
- Motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
This role requires working on tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will maneuver through ambiguity, communicate effectively and empathetically across teams and levels while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external stakeholders. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment are key.
What YOU will do :
- Financial forecasting, Reporting, and tracking of operational metrics.
- Gathering business updates on a regular basis and publishing results on a monthly/quarterly basis. Identifying key metrics of each business.
- Monthly preparation of MIS and Segment wise P&L account.
- Preparing EBITDA level statements for separate business streams and charting out journey to the profitability of individual business
- Analyze financial data - and create financial and operating models for supporting decision making.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Ensure maintenance of Data archives for easy consumption whenever required.
- Working closely with Vertical-heads and the Leadership team at Porter.
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular Leadership reviews / Deck for Board meetings.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to question and clarify trends and ensure accurate preparation of MIS and quarterly results.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and quick reference summary dashboards.
- Involvement in due diligence and future fund raise activity / IPO planning.
Required Skills :
Qualifications / Skills You will Need (in the order of priority) :
- Professional accounting or finance accreditation: CA / MBA / CFA / CIMA with 4-5 years' experience in relevant role.
- Proactive, self-motivated, empathetic, team player.
- Strong analytical, communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Candidates with Due diligence background from Big Five firms will be preferred.