Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
We are looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our Compensation/People Operations team and play a meaningful role in our compensation strategy to help us attract and retain top talent globally. You’ll be instrumental in helping Podium continue to scale effectively while working closely with the People, Finance, Sales and various cross-functional teams and leaders.
- Update and maintain payroll and commission systems used to calculate Sales and Customer Success commission payouts.
- Meet with key Sales and Customer Success stakeholders to gather relevant information pertaining to commission payouts.
- Develop relationships with sales leaderships to represent HR from a compensation perspective and influence compensation strategy.
- Calculate and pay sales commissions and bonuses.
- Work with market data (Radford, Option Impact, etc.) to help design our global compensation framework (cash, bonus and equity).
- Work with Sales and Customer Success management to refine career progression plans in order to attract and retain top talent.
- Build and evolve our compensation programs and support related communication efforts and materials.
- Partner with Recruiting on new hire compensation best practices.
- Work with external consultants for benchmarking, ad hoc compensation projects, and to stay up to date on industry trends and norms.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on topics related to compensation.
- 1+ years experience in compensation, sales operations, finance, accounting or other analyst type roles. Preferably in a high growth or SaaS environment.
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis on work of a quantitative nature, or related practical experience.
- Experience working with complex Excel (or GSheet) models
- Experience partnering with and presenting insights to senior leaders
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to translate quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences.
- Open and transparent culture – Checkout this video to see what it’s like to work at Podium
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.