Phonepe is the leader in the UPI based payments in India with a market share of more than 40%. Our goal is to make payments so easy, safe and universally accepted that people never feel the need to carry cash or cards again. We believe India is at the cusp of a new mobile revolution, which will change the way we manage our money on the go. We see ourselves facilitating this change, through technology and dogged customer centricity. PhonePe went live in 2016 and crossed 5 bn transactions on its platform in 2019. In 2020, PhonePe forayed into diverse areas with the launch of insurance and super funds. Today we have a customer base of 300+ mm users and 16 mm merchants live on our platform.
We are looking for HRBP for the Retail organization. The role will develop and execute on the HR strategy for the business by partnering closely with the leadership team at the region.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY:
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding:
- Identify workforce requirements (including third party contractors) through liaison with regional sales managers and ensure that requirements are in sync with annual operating plan and organization's operating structure from a perspective of layers, spans, etc.
- Work with talent acquisition partner to identify different available avenues for sourcing of right talent
- Review profiles, interview candidates and roll out offers with talent acquisition and business leader to ensure adherence to budgets and to attract right talent in the organization
- Oversee the performance management process including goal setting, regular touch bases and final evaluation as per the decided timelines, for the assigned region
- Enable the talent process by holistic review of talent in the team for creating a strong succession planning bench
- Facilitate discussions of low performers with their managers and ensure creation of performance improvement plan; Track achievement and take appropriate action in case of no visible increase in performance level
- Design and conduct assessment centers for critical transitions
- Drive organization health & manager connect surveys, as and when conducted, and ensure maximum coverage for the assigned region
- Analyze survey results for the functions / businesses handled, identify concern areas, liaise with business heads and draft action plans to mitigate the concerns
- Expected to provide coaching on managerial and people development to regional managers
- Partner with regional sales managers to deliver on business targets (revenue, growth, etc.) by providing HR solutions
- Expected to proactively identify opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain strong individual connect and regular touch points with all employees from the assigned business groups
- Solve for front-line attrition by doing attrition analysis and taking corrective action
- Regular visit to sales offices in the regions and interact with the employees.
- Attend sales review meetings and market visits
- Own and interpret HR policy for the organization and resolve issues quickly and effectively. Address all employee queries and provide help/ support within decided timelines
- Oversee the process of payroll for third party employees and ensure timely disbursement of salary to the off-roll employees through vendor
Capabilities & Requirements:
- MBA - HR from Tier 1 campus with proven working experience of 3-6 years in business partnering
- Exposure to start up environment is an added advantage.
- Strong business acumen & understanding of the business
- Understanding of HR concepts and evolving HR practices
- Drive for result, able to demonstrate/quantify success relative to established targets and metrics
- Strong bias for action, problem solving and ownership