Principal Manufacturing Engineer
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers' needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions - the kind that make a real difference - when it matters most.
The world and our customers' needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips' purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you'll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Plymouth, MN.
You are responsible for
You are part of
- Participating in sustaining and project work, focused on improving safety, quality, output and eliminating scrap.
- Developing solutions for safety or ergonomic concerns, which may involve analyzing work methods, developing fixtures, or identifying new ways of doing a task.
- Troubleshooting and developing solutions for various chemical and mechanical issues, including but not limited to: small part mechanical assemblies, plastic tubing fusing/flaring/forming, equipment repair/troubleshooting and packaging and sealing.
- Performing process validation and verification work using Process Validation Plans, IQ, OQ, PQ, Software validation, test method validation and gage R&R, while understanding of FDA's and cGMP.
- Working with production customers, prioritizing the highest value solutions, and planning work in 2-week sprints by using an adaptation of the Agile Scrum method.
- Contributing to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Training less experienced personnel on established methods/procedures, and facilitating the transfer of technical knowledge, while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience.
- Route reports in Document Control system (windchill).
- Create and update manufacturing process instructions.
- Design and improve manufacturing line and flow.
- Develop and maintain performance tracking measures such as Yield, Scrap Cost, and Line Downtime.
- Communicating fully with management and others who have a need to know in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Demonstrating Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) per regulatory requirements and working knowledge of quality systems ensuring good documentation practices (GDP) are maintained.
The Philips Image Guided Therapy business group. This business is responsible for integrating best in class imaging solutions with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic devices, to deliver a unique portfolio designed to help our customers conquer the most complex procedures. Seamless solutions engineered to help healthcare providers to decide, guide, treat and then confirm the right care for every patient in real time.To succeed in this role, you'll need a customer-first attitude and the following
In return, we offer you
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering related discipline (Chemical or Biomed preferred).
- 10+ years of experience with test method validations in a controlled clean room environment (drug analytical knowledge highly desired).
- Demonstrated/strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience writing and executing IQ/OQ/SQ/PQ/PPQ protocols and reports.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft office and project management skills.
- Experience with statistical such as Minitab (or similar) (a plus).
- Experience with Six sigma - a plus.
- Familiarity with repetitive manufacturing equipment (a plus).
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities. How we work at Philips
There are three core ways that define our ways of working - embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration . We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it's like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
Philips is an Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran and maintains a drug-free workplace.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us