Field Service Engineer, Medical Imaging (Albuquerque, NM)
Effective Tuesday, January 3, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation. Montana employees not in a customer facing role may be excluded from this requirement at this time. However, customer facing Montana employees required to visit customer sites within or outside of Montana may be subject to, and required to comply with, customer vendor credentialing requirements in order to access their sites to perform their role. This may include, but not be limited to, being fully vaccinated for COVID or having an approved reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is located in, or would be performed remotely from, Colorado, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers' needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions - the kind that make a real difference - when it matters most.
The world and our customers' needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Field Service Engineer position supports the Imaging Systems business within the Albuquerque, NM area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adherence to state and federal regulatory requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Build credibility and trust with customers by conducting pro-active customer visits.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to customer and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and equipment issues.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and resolve customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer entitlements, setting clear expectations, meeting commitments and arrival times. Understand customer's business and competitive environment.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with service portfolio.
- Adopt, develop and implement best practices.
- Proactively schedules activities & makes him/herself available to assist others.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity (i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities, learns new tools). Assists in identifying training gaps within the team.
- Actively seeks to mentor others.
- Actively participates as a member of regional work team and works to improve team processes.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Manages company assets effectively in accordance with established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
You are a part of:
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- Independently resolve equipment and customer issues.
- Independently complete PMs, FCOs, installations, and all related tasks.
- Independently diagnose and resolve electronic, network, and mechanical problems.
- Utilize tools, support, resources and escalation processes within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems timely and effectively.
- May be asked to perform service work remotely providing telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to external healthcare customers and field partners in order to resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if appropriate.
Working as part of our Global Sales and Service organization, you'll benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 2 years' experience in diagnostic imaging or 4 years' experience in the electronics industry, preferably in a field service environment.
- Experience with diagnostic imaging equipment is preferred. OEM training is a plus.
- Prefer BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET.
- Working knowledge of computers and networking.
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record that is in compliance with Philips' Fleet Policy.
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking theory to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment. Understanding of mechanical theory preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, self-discipline, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from home office location.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical test equipment.
- Average driving is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air or train may be required.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
- Regularly speaks, hears, and views computers.
- Frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lift or carry up to 100 pounds, with assistance available when lifting or carrying items over 50 pounds.
- Occasionally twist, and crawl.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and extended reach.
- Regular grasping and repetitive hand movements.
- Occasional use of vibrating tools.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hat, hard toed shoes, and medical rubber gloves.
- May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the Customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties.
- Customer requirements may include, but are not limited to drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy.
This position will require you to meet all customer-specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Candidates need to live within the territory or
within commuting distance to Albuquerque, NM.In return, we offer you:
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it's like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
Philips is an Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran and maintains a drug-free workplace.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us