Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle Cloud University, an education arm of Oracle, delivers comprehensive, high quality digital training focused on Oracle Cloud Applications to a global market. With over 500,000 Oracle University graduates, Oracle University is the largest software training business in the world.
The Digital Learning Platform development team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining excellent platforms that deliver Oracle University's digital learning offerings. As a member of the DL Platform development team, you will work with global colleagues to create modern, robust, scalable learning applications. In addition to technical and programming talent, our developers need to be customer focused, exhibit excellent communication skills, work well in a global team environment, be self-motivated and be willing to take on varied tasks to ensure the success of our projects. Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential.
- Conduct research and find solutions for complex technical problems.
- Provide technical expertise to the team and contribute to overall project architecture.
- Be a key contributor by proactively contributing to the formation of practical and high quality solutions.
- Take personal responsibility for delivery of software components.
- Design, prototype, build, unit test, bug-fix, and evaluate key components of the project.
- Ability to work independently with the business users and IT team to gather project requirements.
- Write technical specifications to address business requirements.
- Computer Science or Engineering background with 1-2+ years’ experience writing enterprise software products.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience in Node.js, PHP and/or Python, Relational DB (PL SQL is a bonus).
- Strong knowledge of software development process (analysis, design, and coding, testing, packaging, maintenance).
- Confident team player, with outstanding verbal and written communications skills.