Job Title: Commercial & Bid Specialist for Manufacturing
Operating Procedures / Work Instructions: As per local procedures
As a Commercial and Bid Specialist for Manufacturing you will be responsible for business growth and driving profitability on new and live products. Building both key customer and vendor relationships to support Optimas business strategies. Working closely with key stakeholders, the Commercial and Bid Specialist for Manufacturing will proactively identify areas of opportunity to improve new business win conversions and performance under the guidance of the Commercial and Bid Team Manager.
Responsible to: Commercial & Bid Manager UK
Understand the company’s growth and profitability objectives and with total enthusiasm and commitment achieve and exceed them.
- Support New Business opportunities by providing our best commercially competitive offer in line with Company objectives and the customer requirements
- Develop collaborative dialogue with all customer contacts to support active negotiations on outstanding business opportunities
- Uphold a collaborative dialogue with key supplier contacts to lead commercial negotiations
- Ensure all deadlines are met in line with Customer and Business expectation
- Handle any day-to-day commercial activities with customers to ensure customer service is maintained.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities are defined as:
Collaborate with the wider manufacturing team to determine the feasibility of customer requests ensuring that a focused quotation is issued
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our customers and suppliers.
- Ensure best practice is followed to achieve a seamless customer experience
- Support or facilitate meetings as required with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally
- Maintain records as required.
Key Skills and Competences
- Negotiation Skills both Verbal and Written
- Strong Computer Knowledge/Skills
- Strong Communicator both Verbal and Written
- Understanding and reading of engineering drawings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balance workload effectively, assess the need for immediate action and prioritise multiple tasks
Health and Safety
Recognise the importance of good health and safety practice.
- Ensure that working conditions and the use of resources satisfies current legislation, approved codes of practice and organisational requirements.
- Ensure accidents and near misses are reported.
- Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate action is taken.
- Operate and Enforce good housekeeping
The above is not a definitive list and does not define the limits on the activities of the employee. The employee will carry out those duties, which are compatible with the role as defined by the Company and within their capabilities. The Job Description may be reviewed and updated in-line with the business needs of the company
Line Manager Signature: