Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,100+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America’s Best Startup Employer!
Our Finance team is looking for an individual contributor, reporting to the Senior Director of FP&A, who will work cross-functionally within the company, with the objective of obtaining key business data and performing analysis and reports required for supporting and improving the Company performance, processes, and strategies. This position can be anywhere in the US.
The individual will also partner with management the FP&A leaders to ensure alignment on global headcount, resource planning, and other operating expenses. This person will help establish meaningful recurring reporting and analysis using operational data and financial data.
Ideal candidate will be someone who has prior experience in supporting SAAS organizations. Someone who is an advanced user of Excel and is extremely comfortable with functions such as Vlookups, Pivot Tables, etc. Prior experience with applications such as Adaptive, Alteryx, SQL, and SFDC will be preferable. Additionally, this role will identify and monitor key financial KPIs, as well as deliver ad hoc reporting and forecasts to the team.
• Prepare monthly/quarterly variance analysis of actuals vs. budget/forecast (including cloud computing spend) with the goal of driving deep actionable insights into operational and financial performance of the business
• Assist in planning and managing global resources by supporting the efforts to determine staffing assumptions, expense budget, portfolio composition, and hosting costs in the annual planning cycle
• Provide ongoing strategic and operational support to the finance team through daily tasks and ad hoc projects
• Present to executives and senior leadership with detailed data and analysis to drive effective business decisions
• Work and drive projects in cross-functional teams to drive key initiatives and KPIs
• Analyze and dissect financial performance, highlighting trends and recommending possible adjustments to drive operational effectiveness and efficiency on the path to profitability
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting, finance, or economics
• Minimum 4-6 years of combined financial analysis, business analysis, and/or accounting experience
• 3-5 years of experience required in the software industry (SaaS environment preferred)
• Solid understanding and use of accounting and finance principles is required
• Solid understanding of P&L statements and variables affecting profitability is required
• Proficient in Adaptive and MS Excel required
• Solid project management skills, ability to independently manage tasks on time required
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills Presents ideas and information in a concise, well-organized manner required
• Works effectively and collaboratively within a team and can build strong relationships with the senior leadership required
• Knowledge of ASC 606 which includes Deferred commission, Capitalization of R&D costs, and Revenue recognition is preferred
• Previous experience with different cost center platforms including Hosting cost, Software subscription, Prepaid •Marketing expenses, etc is preferred
• Knowledge on SQL, Alteryx, and other database experiences is a plus
• SaaS experience is a plus
• Identifies business needs and proposes effective solutions
• Flexible and willing to pick up new responsibilities over time
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times’ 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,100+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2022 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We’re powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.