The Sales Representative professionally promotes and sells Nutreco values proposition and services to existing and potential customers and establishes and maintains good relations at all levels. The Sales Representative contributes to, implements and realizes the sales/account plan for the assigned account/portfolio, acquires and retains (new / potential) accounts and builds and strengthens customer relations in order to realize Nutreco’s commercial objectives.
The Sales Representative is an individual contributor and reporting to the Sales Manager in an OpCo. The Sales Representative takes care of the commercial activities in an OpCo for direct customers in order to reach the commercial objectives. The Sales Representative and the Technical Sales Advisor work in a ‘tandem approach’ to reach the highest Sales possible, whereby the Sales Representative acts as the commercial expert, opening doors and closing deals. Basic technical knowledge is required, but the Sales Representative collaborates with the Technical Sales Advisor in (highly) complex and technical sales processes
Sales planning and execution
- (Co-develops and) executes the sales plan for the assigned area in accordance with the set objectives and targets. Making sure in the sales plan are realized and sales targets are achieved.
- Based on his/her knowledge of the market and the market intelligence performed by the OpCo approaches and acquires new customers in a proactive manner through various means that may include direct visits, phone, references, etc. within delegated authority (within the sales team), in order to retain and grow the customer base according to expectations and to achieve the sales targets.
- Builds trust with new and existing customers by identifying their needs, providing advice and effective solutions to their needs to realize improved customer satisfaction and customer loyalty levels, and additional revenues and/or profitability. Can assess progress within a particular account and make a commercial decision about committing future resources to developing the opportunity.
- Asks questions which uncover implicit needs, and which develop those needs. Builds value for the customer by investigation to uncover explicit needs and develop those needs. Demonstrates company’s capability by explaining how company’s products and services match a customer’s explicit needs (Benefit Statements)
- Receives, follows up and resolves or ensures resolution of customer complaints / queries in a timely and efficient manner, in close cooperation with colleagues in Sales and Customer Services, in order to satisfy customer expectations and ensure customer retention.
- Coordinates, executes, maintains and / or improves various administrative sales processes and systems, in line with the applicable procedures to ensure an efficient and effective sales administration compliant with policies and regulations. Records the outcome of a sales call and plan future actions which moves the sale towards a successful conclusion – including additional investigation (needs identification) where necessary.
- Provides insights to management on request, or own initiative, regarding quantitative and qualitative developments within his / her area of sales/expertise, based on reporting guidelines, and ensures all information is appropriately stored and updated, so that management and / or relevant stakeholders are able to make (timely) decisions and determine or adjust sales decisions and strategy.
- Responsible to maintain and build own product and technical knowledge in relevant product categories by taking local & global technical trainings. Based on input from Marketing and Pricing measures, prepares and quotes customers, in order to advise customers appropriately and to conclude the sale of product.
- May participate in various sales and customer service-related projects in his/her area and contributes to project results.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.