About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
The job involves leading a team working for a Global Derivatives Process, specializing in Transaction Regulatory Reporting for EMIR and ASIC regulations and administering end to end life cycle of derivatives. The position requires good experience and back ground in Derivatives regulatory reporting and derivative products. The role includes a close supervision of the team, acts as a subject area expert and directs activities of staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The candidate should possess the following skills:
- Responsible for managing the team under direct supervision, including conducting the performance management process.
- Possesses good leadership and organizational skills to prioritize assignments and provide constructive feedback regularly to direct reports
- Take complete ownership over process issues as they arise and contribute as SME
- Resolving of NACKS for products like IRS, CDS, Equity Swaps, Options etc. into Transaction Reporting system
- Understand the changes proposed by the Trade Repositories/DTCC
- Actively involve into UAT testing for new regulatory changes and provide meaningful inputs
- Responsible to manage daily functions /operations of the Reg reporting team
- Ensures Day to day SLA & Quality parameters are met. Checklists are prepared and approved on a daily basis
- Should demonstrate qualities like Sense of urgency and prioritization of tasks at all the time
- Perform route cause analysis of errors and suggest/implement controls in consultation with the Manager
- Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Certifies the accuracy of tasks performed on a daily basis
- Reviews various documents with utmost accuracy having Audit and Control perspective in mind
- Periodically reviews the procedure documents / checklists
- Should come up with process enhancements / control measures and suggestions of improving the existing process flows
- Initiate and lead team building activities within the team
- Should ensure that any people or operational issues are handled as per the guidelines provided, both at an organizational level and specific process level
- Extensive knowledge and experience in OTC derivatives operations is required with good understanding of CMRS application and DTCC reporting requirements.
- Knowledge on EMIR/ASIC regulations and DTCC validation rules is must.
- Knowledge of Derivatives markets and its Risk Management functionality
- Exposure and understanding of Risk, Audit and Compliance factors and process documentations
- Excellent Attention to detail, and giving extreme importance to timelines and deliverables
- Ability to work constructively under pressure within stipulated time.
- Ability to communicate with clients (Both internal and external)
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Self-starter with the ability to lead and motivate the team in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow through. Escalate issues as appropriate
- Should have working Knowledge of MS Office
- Flexible to Adapt changing environment
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence, the listed core skills and competencies in the current role over a period of at least 24 months AND overall industry experience of 6+ years
- Minimum 6 years of work experience and at least 24 months in current role.
- Graduate in Accounting / Economics. Additional qualification in accounting / finance preferred (e.g., CA/ CS/ CWA/CFA/ MBA).
- Should be flexible to move between shifts as per the business requirements