JOB DESCRIPTION - Senior Area Sales Manager
The Senior Area Sales Manager is responsible for the sales performance of the General Trade Channel (as defined by NIVEA India) for the assigned Region / Territory in India. They will assist the Regional Sales Manager in delivering the overall territory sales objectives, supervises, fine-tunes and monitors the execution and takes pro-active initiatives to cease every opportunity to increase the sales in accordance with the companies' policies and strategies.
He/she heads and coaches the Sales Team reporting to him/her. It is his/her obligation to form an efficient and effective team that is perfectly cooperating with all internal and external partners. The Senior Area Sales Manager is to discuss and set clear targets for the team members in alignment with the Regional Sales Manager and to track the fulfillment.
Successful performance requires :
- A high degree of people management skills,
- Planning & analytical skills to handle complex situations,
- Taking the full responsibility for decisions and repercussions,
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and
- Clear commitment and vision to lead the team.
Detailed Responsibilities (non-conclusive):
1) Meeting volume and value objectives of the assigned territory within budget, time and policy parameters through efficient control of the distributor network and staff.
2) Planning, implementing and monitoring all traditional sales activities within the assigned territory as an entrepreneurial manager, particularly providing an annual drive-plan for the whole territory in collaboration with the Traditional Trade Manager.
3) To support the Regional Sales manager in Sales Forecasting SKU wise for his/her territory based on sound analysis and support the production team for correct production planning.
4) Guiding the Business Development Executives/Officers to appoint and sustain profitable distributors partners
5) Should have regular contacts and visits to NIVEA distribution centers. To help the commercial team by conducting regular audits from time to time.
6) Close contact with and internal consultancy to the Marketing Team at planning and implementing consumer- and POS-driven activities in traditional channels
7) Responsible for executing visibility norms across the territory as per NIVEA standards. Is also accountable for tracking and maintaining all company merchandising elements in his/her territory
8) Is responsible for product launch planning and its execution in his/her territory.
9) Pro-active, regular contact with the Regional Sales Manager/RLUM and with the relevant team-members of NIVEA India, particularly the marketing & supply chain team
10) Regular and timely reporting along pre-defined formats to relevant internal stake-holders
11) Be involved on recruitment of Business Development executives/officers and their timely appraisal including identification and development of potential.
12) Lead from the front to drive and motivate his/her team of Sales Officers, through regular sales contacts and On-The-Job-Trainings training.
13) Pro-active daily contact to the local distribution partner(s) to support their business, and to gradually build on infrastructure parameters to take the NIVEA business forward.
14) New Business development: Constantly seeking new opportunities to increase and extend the scope of NIVEA's business operations in close cooperation with the Traditional Trade Manager
15) Extensive traveling within the region in order to get market insights from the total territory.
16) Documentation and seeking prior approval of all trade expenses for audit purposes
17) Track competition activities monthly. Document and communicate the same to the marketing & sales management team in the monthly review meeting.
MBA in Sales and Marketing preferred
- 5+ years of experience in managing general trade in a region
- Excellent MS-Office skills
- Languages: excellent command of spoken and written English
The Senior Area Sales Manager will report into the Regional Sales Manager (WEST).