WHO WE ARE
Omicron, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nexii Building Solutions Inc., is one of the largest integrated development, design and construction firms in Western Canada, providing solutions to clients in the Industrial, Institutional, Building Renewal, Commercial, Retail and Residential sectors.
Omicron was established in 1998 by people who believed real estate strategists, architects, interior designers, engineers and builders could work together to deliver a better experience throughout each step of a building project. In an industry driven by traditional market practices, we focus on innovation, service integration and technology to create efficiencies and savings.
We have been a winner of Canada's Best Managed Companies program since 2009, maintaining Platinum Club member status since 2015. This program recognizes companies that implement world class business practices and create value in innovative ways.
We have a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and are a tech-forward, innovative, sustainable and award-winning organization focused on success for clients and staff alike.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Office and Accounting Administrator the primary purpose of the role is to provide project administration and accounting support to the Victoria construction team. Taking direction from the Director, Construction the OA will support project objectives by ensuring that administrative, project, and accounting documents are prepared, updated, and executed in a timely and efficient manner.
Secondarily, this position will include office administration for the Victoria office in an interdepartmental role. This will include facilitating the basic administrative functions of the office, as well as promoting office initiatives and safety. Office administration will be coordinated with head office departments, including HR, IT, and Marketing, as well as Victoria departments, to ensure all Omicron standards are being met and all office needs are being satisfied.
Please note this is a temporary role, with possibility for extension.
• Coordinate construction office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies.
• Facilitate overall office administration for the Victoria office including office maintenance, stationary and office supplies inventory, mail/couriers, room bookings, office moves and assist with event coordination
• Maintain office access, including assigning fobs and unlocking/locking the office daily.
• Put together welcome packages, set up workstations, and acquire equipment for new hires. This will require coordinating with HR, IT, and Marketing.
• Maintain boardrooms in working order.
• Communicate with vendors and trades and review and redirect invoices.
• File invoices and update all invoice tracking, including inside project and across project tracking. Investigate and resolve discrepancies between vendor invoices and contracts.
• Verify GC vendor costs over $100 with relevant site staff.
• Assemble final trade invoice package for each project each month for accounting to input into accounting program.
• Perform initial review and coding of trade and supplier invoices in accounting program.
• Coordinate weekly invoice approvals and cheque runs with Project Managers and Accounting.
• Request and review select to pay list to ensure correct payments are being selected. Coordinate any changes with accounting.
• Review cheques issued and distribute/hold as required.
• Perform tasks according to Omicron’s process standards.
• Create, manage and maintain project spreadsheets.
• Track, log and file subtrade bonds in the vault, insurance documents and review invoices
• Manage requests for completion.
• Support the effective archiving, record keeping, and tracking of project related documentation in electronic and physical form.
• Performs other duties as required
WHO YOU ARE
You collaborate and communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds in a clear and articulate way.
You are able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities and can appropriately prioritize tasks and make quick, well-informed decisions.
You enjoy working in a cross-functional collaborative environment alongside your colleagues.
You enjoy collaborating with others on your team and bring a friendly, can do attitude to your workplace.
You have excellent time management and prioritization skills; you can get things done right within short timeframes.
You have a strong willingness to grow, learn new methods and share your knowledge with others.
You are a quick learner, who is able to take direction positively.
• 1 to 3 years of experience with a design firm, design-builder, general contractor, sub-contractor and/or owner’s representative.
• Diploma or degree in a relevant field or a mixture of education and experience.
• Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment is considered an asset.
• Accounting or bookkeeping experience is an asset.
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us