To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high‑quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost‑efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
• You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
• You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
• You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
• You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
About the role
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you’ll have the opportunity to operate our CNC machine to cut EPS insulate. We’ll lean on you to convert the details of the drawings that will provide the information needed to form part of the panel system. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with the EPS team and production team to ensure you have the information to provide the material required to meet production goals and timelines.
What you’ll need:
• Experience programming and operating a CNC machine, preferably within a manufacturing environment
• Experience with preventative maintenance and troubleshooting issues related to CNC, Hot Wire, and EPS densifiers
• Ability to work effectively as a team member, to ensure productivity and efficiency
• Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
• Ability to work as a part of a dynamic team under tight deadlines
• Proficiency with ERP systems and MS Office
• Ability to take initiative and follow through for successful completion
• Ability to identify problems, visualize ideal solutions, and implement those solutions in the most meaningful way
• Respect for all organizational and standard operating procedures
• Respect and adherence to all Health and Safety Guidelines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High attention to detail
• Desire to take training in areas identified as necessary for your position
• Ability to lift 50lbs
Bonus points for:
• Experience in manufacturing or production using a CNC machine
• Knowledge to operate and maintain CNC equipment (Megaplot Hot wire and AXYZ router table)
• Demonstrated ability to create 3D models of products and tooling.
• High-level problem-solving skills
• Experience in a manufacturing facility with a CNC machine
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us