NetApp is a cloud-led, data-centric software company that helps organizations get the most out of their data. We bring the enterprise-grade data services businesses rely on into the cloud and the simple flexibility of cloud into the data centre. Our industry-leading solutions work across diverse customer environments and the world’s biggest public clouds.
NetApp Hybrid Cloud Engineering (HCE) BU is actively seeking a Senior QA engineer for the HCE Quality Engineering team. This position requires an individual to be technically strong, team-oriented, able to work with cross-functional teams, and driven to ensure delivery of high quality features. In this role, you’ll primarily drive product quality and test automation development efforts with focus on customer success and time-to-market.
- Review feature requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, design documents and bug descriptions and create solid test plans that meet functional as well as non-functional testing requirements
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation framework and automated tests to validate complex hybrid cloud infrastructure features
- Isolate, reproduce, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that surface during testing
- Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings, demos, retrospectives, backlog grooming, sprint planning, release planning and other Agile meetings
- Contribute on system, installation, configuration and support documentation for tested applications
- Follow and promote best practices, testability, bug prevention strategies, and influence better software design across products
- Communicate and collaborate with engineering teams to enhance automation processes and plans
- Diagnose, debug and perform root-cause analysis of issues and defects
- Drive quality initiatives and work on additional tasks/responsibilities that will positively contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Test development experience with modern scripting or programming languages. Experience with Python is a must
- Have a background in deploying and/or securing container-based systems such as Docker or Kubernetes on private and public clouds (OpenStack, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience developing complex test automation scripts and/or automation frameworks
- Experience creating and executing system level test plans, test cases and test reports for large/complex projects
- Familiarity with advanced concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Experience with Linux is a must, any other OS is a plus
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- The candidate should be self-driven and must have strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Effective communication skills with a positive attitude to engage with stakeholders
- Shows creativity to solve problems and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
Education and Experience:
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
What you’ll love about us
It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global teams with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, including people with disabilities, to apply for open positions at NetApp.Found this job inappropriate? Report to us