Full Job Description
Primary responsibility areas :
1. Managing NIXI nodes and troubleshooting issues via various Network Management tools like MRTG.
2. Performing necessary routing / switching configuration on networking devices.
3. Analyzing and resolving different routing / peering issues raised by ISPs.
4. Resolving Switching and Routing issues found at each of NIXI IX nodes distributed across India.
5. Ensuring and monitoring SLA compliance by the MPLS, NMS and hardware service providers.
6. Coordinating with NMS team for new ISPs addition at NIXI IX nodes, as well as port up gradation activities.
B.Tech/B.E. - Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication
Proven experience in a network administrator role.
Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching.
Candidate with 3-4 years of experience will be required to undertake the following activities at Internet Exchange operations of NIXI
Other work responsibility areas:
1. Responsible for data center shifting / device migration activities.
2. Coordinating with Root server operators peering at NIXI IX nodes for any issues.
3. Documentation responsibility related to NIXI IX nodes and operations.
4. Coordinate and validating billing related issues with ISPs.