A Middle management level position as the key stakeholder in ensuring the effective and successful design deliverables towards the relevant accountable inputs & assignments across the divisions of XShip/Navgathi/Navalt. To lead the design activities involved in the XShip Client design (External), In-house design (Navgathi/Navalt) and Product Development – R&D (Design Inputs).
- Adherence to all set deadlines with overall responsibility for the design outputs from the tasks/assignments allocated.
- Ensure timely delivery of drawings, reports or any other deliverables to the client/management.
- Undertake the Principal Designer duties on behalf of the company, ensuring the design teams comply with the requisite norms and standards.
- Ensure equal distribution of work among the team members
- Identify the improvements required among the team-mates and provide training wherever necessary.
- Coordinate with the respective head of the department to decide the priority and delivery schedule of the projects
- Submission of design drawings to class and follow up.
- Coordinate with the production dept and ensure timely delivery of production drawings.
- Assist the production team to understand the drawings, and for any clarifications they might have. Conduct/Arrange necessary site visits to ensure the construction is going on as per design.
- Support the Performance Analysis team whenever design support is required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Tech or BE in Naval Architecture
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience
- Deep understanding of the Naval Architecture concepts
- Experience in design consultancy is preferred
- Hands-on experience in basic and structural design
- Strong analytical bent of mind
- Strong verbal and written communication skills