At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry's only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About IP Optical Networks
Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among - edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
IP MPLS-TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
TAC teams provide customers with a variety of maintenance services, including but not limited to remote and on-site level 2 operations and maintenance support for complex networks including end-to-end multi-vendor, ensuring customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are achieved.
- Create and maintain customer relationships on a day-to-day basis. Maintain high level of customer satisfaction by providing services fully compliant with the SLA.
Skills, Knowledge and Processes & Tools:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and suggest/perform corrective or preventative maintenance actions on problems reported by customers. Escalate to subsequent support level as needed. Use and provide appropriate CARES and outage documentation, contribute to/review upgrade guides and other procedural documentation.
- Act as "Outage Manager" by identifying the impact of the outage and changes made to the customer network. Ensure outage situations are documented per guidelines to meet contractual root cause analysis obligations.
- Provide pragmatic and effective recovery. Manage and communicate the related risks.
- Provide appropriate follow-up to customers.
- Supply input to and use the knowledge management tools. Proactively share knowledge. Ensure every trouble identified is adequately documented for tracking purposes and learning opportunities.
- Identify and collaborate with knowledgeable internal resources to understand and resolve technical issues.
- Interface with product business division (level 3/TEC Technical Expertise Center).
Lead with authenticity
Make it happen
Mobilize teams and grow potential
Communicate clearly and concisely
Technical Skills & Knowledge
Broad MultiVendor Product knowledge is must ( SR7x50, Cisco & Juniper Routings)
Engineering background or equivalent experience
Experience in telecom technical domains ( working knowledge with Internet Service Provider’s network)
Product troubleshooting knowledge for a specific technology, Must be IP expert, minimum of 4-6 years of working knowledge in MPLS, MPLS Services(VPLS, VPRN) ,L2 switching, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, Multicasting, QOS, Basic Knowledge on Standards, RFCs.
SRC is preferred, Cisco and Juniper higher Certifications are must
Processes & Tools :
Knowledge of Technical Support processes. Knowledge of Technical Support tools: CARES, Knowledge Management, etc
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.