NEWJ - Who are we?
NEWJ (New Emerging World of Journalism Limited) is one the top 35 digital video content publishers, globally. Founded by a team of young entrepreneurs led by Shalabh Upadhyay and backed by Jio Platforms Limited. It is a video- only, social media first, vernacular (original content in 13 Languages) publisher focused on creating and producing high impact video content for the smartphone obsessed young Indian.
Founded in 2018, NEWJ's mission is to tell stories that matter to India's masses and remains committed to grow the nation's digital knowledge economy through impactful and India- centric storytelling. An important part of the mission is to reduce the urban- rural divide in India's new media space by leveraging data and tech to serve one of the largest and fastest growing news markets in the world.
We are young, agile, ambitious & growing exponentially. We have already changed the publishing landscape in India, so join the family only if you have the drive in you to grow rapidly.
Desired skills and experience:
- Candidates must be target oriented and should have at least 5+ years proven experience in brand solutions, Concept selling & video branded content.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising's metrics, best industry practices and market dynamics
- Strong understanding & an active user of social media, who is up to date with the digital trends
- Strong network with brands & digital media POCs in top media agencies and corporates
- Needs to be persistent, resilient and be ready to put in their best when there is pressure
- Should have proven records of superlative business development performance
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Inroads in the right local & relevant sales networking groups
- Should be diligent to the processes and proficient in basic MS office suite
- Should have efficient analytical and interpersonal skills. Should be a team player.
- Pitch, close and manage deals with major brands.
- Ensure timely collections of payments as per policy.
- Managing communications and keeping a strong follow up between key clients and internal teams
- Obtain, Understand & Decode brand briefs along with the BS team. Ensure that NEWJ does not miss out on briefs.
- Ensure inputs are given to the BS team to come up with proactive solutioning for brands/sectors
- Developing campaigns that drive traffic and improve customer engagement, keeping in mind the marketing objectives of the clients
- Negotiating contracts with the client and establishing a timeline of performance
- Communicating new product developments to prospective and existing clients
- Attend industry events, exhibitions and conferences, meeting potential and existing clients
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors' activities
- Develop revenue strategies by analyzing new venture integration
- Maximize revenue opportunities and meet targets
- Maintaining MIS and analyzing existing database to enhance market penetration
Work Culture @NEWJ:
- Do you love collaborating with brands and pitching out- of- the- box solutions and ideas to clients in a young, agile team? NEWJ's Revenue Team is where you can actualize the creative pitches you have always dreamed of! From ideation to execution, here's where all the hustle happens.
- At NEWJ, our core employee value is consistent professional development. Development is not only vertical but also horizontal. You progress to become an expert in multiple functional areas and get a unique opportunity to acquire new skills through peers and leaders.