The Product and EOD Pricing Reference Data Services (PRDS) team is part of Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO). Morgan Stanley Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into 10 core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines are Data Management, Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments, Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations.
SSBO offers firm-wide operational solutions that achieve best value for the firm. We foster an atmosphere where innovation and process excellence are encouraged; we have a footprint which maximizes the use of our operations experts globally; we provide rewarding career choices and opportunities to train and develop people.
PRDS is responsible for the set up and maintenance of security reference data for the firm. Product Data is critical to the front to back sales and trading, operations, finance, risk and regulatory business processes. We operate as a professional data company with teams serving specific data groups (e.g. Fixed Income, Listed Derivatives, Cash Equity).
PRDS is expanding the team in Mumbai to further develop its global teams located in Baltimore, London, Mumbai, Chennai and Guadalajara. The candidate will be a member of the global Product and EOD Pricing Reference Data Services team interacting with trading desks, operations teams, production management teams, business analysts and IT development teams from Morgan Stanley's various business areas.
The team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of Product data for the firm. The candidate will report to the PRDS team leader in Mumbai and have diverse responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
- Identifying, defining and coordinating development of rules to monitor the data quality of securities reference data (incl. equities, listed derivatives and fixed-income products and pricing) against external data providers (incl. Bloomberg and Reuters) and direct exchange feeds.
- Acquiring an intricate knowledge of the Firm?s product data, flow of the data in the firm systems, impact of poor quality data, building the ability to understand the wider environment and question data integrity.
- Root-cause analysis of data quality exceptions to determine trends in the data, identify inaccuracies in external data providers' feeds and recommend opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Communication and organisational skills as well as attention to detail and a readiness to escalate issues with a sense of urgency are of importance.
- Escalation of potential/current risks.