This job role & responsibilities includes the software asset management, the management of subscriptions, software portfolio management & governance and compliance management for managed products as well as customer relationship management to the business units. The purpose of this job role is to define a supplier and partner strategy, maintain the relationships with the external partners, and monitor the performance of the partners, the fulfillment of the contractual obligations and the achievement of the committed financial objectives. Furthermore, the sub-function coordinates the drafting and renewal of contracts and manages the handling of licenses.
In addition to this, the role demands excellent communication, Presentation Skills and Cross-functional abilities.
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrating and consulting contracts in Liaison with various stakeholders.
- Review licenses and/or contracts to ensure that software is covered by the contract and properly documented
- Coordinate and manage software usage regarding licensing, maintenance, upgrades, and utilization and renewal payments.
- Responsible for compliance in license management for vendors and verifying invoicing to vendors.
- Consult and support business units in their Software needs based on global hub & spoke setup
- Manage responsible contracts
- Identify new or decreasing demands and/or services and interact with demand pipeline management and contract management
- Perform surveys on Software needs and customer satisfaction. Generate reports
- Implement all the processes needed to manage all existing and future software licenses lifecycle.
- Ensuring to be Audit Compliant, as per Global Policies.
- Ensuring that processes and procedures are documented for all service contracts and are available for reference
Required Candidate profile
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in VMware Products and contract management, contract maintenance, contract renewal, contract termination, scrubbing contract, etc.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Science &Technology or equivalent.
- Advance excel, software licensing knowledge, VMware products licensing.
- Consulting around license and services.
- Research/compare industry best practices to establish benchmarks for managing assets.
- Knowledge of licensing models across the vendors for entitlements and reconciliation activities.
Microsoft Software Licensing and/or Software Asset Management accredited (MCP)
- Proven experience in the use of License Reconciliation toolsets like SCCM, MS MAP etc
- Good knowledge of licensing policy and licensing models (e.g. IBM, Thinkcell, Mathworks)
- Good knowledge of software supplier landscape
- Good knowledge of IT, financial and legal requirements
- Good knowledge of handling licenses (price calculation, charging, license transfer)
- Customer oriented behavior and ability to provide advice
- Good Knowledge of Digital Communication processes, Presentations and Designing Skills
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Required language(s): English and Full-Time availability
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint, VB, GIMP and Office Suite
- Good Knowledge of Scrum Methodologies. Product Owner/Scrum master Experience
- Excellent Communication skills in German (B2 Level)
- Good Intercultural Skills (Indo-German)