Position Title : Pace Manager , Surgical Robotics
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES:
Medtronic (NYSE: MDT), the largest and most successful medical technology company in the world is entering the market of Robotic Assisted Surgery (RAS) and digitizing surgery.
We are looking for a collegue that is attracted by, and can subscribe to the Medtronic mission:
- To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
- To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions.
- To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
- To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals.
- To recognize the personal worth of all employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
- To maintain good citizenship as a company.
A Day in the Life
The PACE Program Manager India, Surgical Robotics, will provide strategic and operational expertise into the planning and execution of the Clinical Research & Medical Science (CRMS) activities of Surgical Robotics. He/She will contribute to the formulation of Surgical Robotics regional strategy as well as to organic and inorganic portfolio development and current product marketing by working in partnership with the commercial organization. This individual will also be responsible for the creation of the robotics CRMS strategy for the India Region and the successful execution of the associated CRMS programs and deliverables. This individual will partner with a cross-functional team of experts in these functional areas: Professional Affairs & Clinical Education (PACE), Clinical Affairs, and Health Economics, Policy and Reimbursement (HERP) to create and execute the CRMS deliverables for the India program.
The Surgical Robotics India PACE Program Manager will:
- Lead development of CRMS market access and expansion strategies to include clinical and economic evidence development, reimbursement, and clinical adoption of Surgical Robotics therapies.
- Manage, support and execute Professional Affairs & Clinical Education (PACE) programs and services to ensure effective and compliant HCPs education programs.
- Manage and support internal and external clinical advisors regarding clinical protocols and device investigations (clinical labs, registries, etc…)
- Manage and regionalize the dissemination of medical and clinical information for both internal and external clients.
- Support Surgical Robotics to establish the highest medical-scientific credibility with customers and stakeholders.
- Establish long-term medical-scientific/strategic relationships with key thought leaders and with related medical associations, surgical societies, academic centers of excellence and training partner sites.
- Collaborate with internal resources and/or expert consultants who support cross-functional teams within Surgical Robotics by providing product related, evidence-based medical-scientific information throughout the product lifecycle and inclusive of product risk assessments.
- Partner with the cross-functional CRMS teams (HERP, Clinical Affairs and PACE) to implement and execute a collaborative and synergistic CRMS plan to support the overall business objectives.
- Manage the CRMS representation on the grants and compliance committee and healthcare professional contract review for the India Region.
- Collaborate and complete other assignments as identified by manager
- In collaboration with Regional and Global Leadership, Regional and Global Marketing and Global CRMS, participates in the development of MDT’s regional robotic education strategy to achieve corporate and regional educational objectives.
- Actively participate in regional leadership and global Surgical Robotics CRMS meetings by providing strategic and tactical regional input.
- Develop and manage regional and global faculty/KOL relationships that create and conduct surgical education programs (both live and online).
- Recruit, contract and partner with faculty in each target specialty to develop procedural content and assets
- Develop regional proctor network for each of the target specialties
- Participate in the strategic identification, development and implementation of academic training center partners.
- Develop and implement advanced training curriculum for MDT’s regional robotic education strategy
- Manage and execute Clinical Education Programs at Medtronic Training Centers and at academic partner training centers.
- Develops relationships with key clinical societies and key thought leaders within the region in order to establish and promote robotic surgery education guidelines in the region
- Regional lead and coordinator for compliant clinical registry implementation and execution
- Works with legal to ensure all contracts are compliant.
- Directs and ensures all educational activities adhere to FCPA and corporate compliance policy.
- Develop and supervise a process to measure effectiveness of all training programs.
- Manage educational programs to be best in class and contributes to the company’s branding efforts.
- Consult with clinical affairs directors on pre-clinical and clinical strategies and protocol development.
- Informs broader CRMS Group (Clinical Affairs, HEP&R, PACE, and Publications) as to progress on key tasks and current issues and ensures all projects are complete on time and on budget.
- Medical/scientific background (MD, Phar.D., or PhD, Allied Health Degree and/or Advanced Business degree
- 7+ years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry. In lieu of industry experience, successful demonstration of team development and operational leadership capabilities.
- Proven understanding of the medical device or pharmaceutical arena and healthcare system requirements.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, compliance standards, and ethical obligations.
- Ability to assemble and lead teams effectively.
- Proven ability to establish working relationships with all levels of clinical/technical/marketing people in corporate, clinical and academic settings.
- Experience providing medical and scientific training to internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work self-directed, independently as well as to collaborate on key issues
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse cultures.
- Experience developing targeted Key Opinion Leader (KOL) networks
- Demonstrated ability to design and direct scientific or business advisory boards
Nice to Have:
- Successfully demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Business acumen and clinical acumen
- Analytical skills and capability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific information.
- Insight to identify market access strategies, tactics for sales and customer communication/education needs during product life cycle.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills
- Collaboration skills
- Strong presentation skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)