Zonal Business Manager - Mass Retail
About the job :
- Zonal Managers (ZM) at Airtel is someone who is informally addressed as a 'CEO of the Zone'. ZM is the one who is responsible to formulate strategy for the zone, break it down on AM level and cascade the same till ground level. A ZBM basically is responsible for the complete business of the zone. ZM is a 'manager of managers' and is also responsible for nurturing and growing the talent of his team.
- A ZM typically contributes towards 350 to 400 Million revenue monthly directly to company's topline. A ZM is responsible for handling a team of 5-7 on-roll employees directly, 15-20 on-roll employees indirectly and a total off-roll manpower of 500-600 people in form of urban and rural promoters, Field Sales Executives and TLs. Each ZM also handles 8000-10000 Retail outlets. Each ZM territory is 200-300 km in radius. Each ZM accounts for around 25%-30% of the business for his complete state.
- At Airtel, we also offer opportunities to Zonal Managers to have exposure in other 'Line of Businesses' unlike our competitors who offer single product exposure. There are abundant prospects for a ZM to explore in a single role, namely Mobility, DTH, Payment Banks and Broadband. ZM also is a part of various Cross Functional Teams with Network, Finance, Marketing and HR.
- Design, plan and implement all sales and distribution related activities to ensure revenue growth
- Review distribution health & take necessary actions to drive width, depth and quality of distribution
Drive Gross additions, Quality sales metrics, Base management & compliance to regulatory norms in terms of customer acquisitions
Coordinate & plan with the network team to ensure seamless network connectivity for the customer
- To ensure customer Satisfaction by keeping a check on complaints
- Custodian of overall business and network of the zone.
- Provide regular assessment of the agenda to the sales team
- To have minimum attrition and maximum engagement scores
- Drive learning agenda within the team
- Analytical Ability & Financial Acumen
- Partner & Distribution Management
- Customer Obsession
- Ownership Mindset
- Navigating Change
- Collaboration & Influence
- Learning Agility
- Execution Excellence
- Building Leaders