We are currently seeking a Infotainment & Telematics System Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with a background in various related domains such as Infotainment & Telematics Systems Engineering, Connected Infotainment, Telematics Hardware and software design & development and testing. Infotainment & Telematics System Lead would focus on designing, developing & validating of next-gen systems, evaluating technology & performing trade space analysis in choosing technology, allocating and reviewing tasks allocated to Engineers and building and mentoring teams.
The Systems Infotainment & Telematics System Engineer role is defined as Experienced in Infotainment & Telematics Systems Development, Requirements, System testing, Functional safety and having a strong Infotainment & Telematics Systems Engineering skill set. Interfaces with multiple stakeholders to understand requirements, domains, viable technologies and development activities for Infotainment & Telematics System and associated systems development. Alignment of Infotainment & Telematics system requirements between various systems, Hardware, Software, UI/UX team and other stakeholders. End to End to product management life cycle management for Infotainment& Telematics system involving following stage- conception, Requirement generation, Specification definition, Project development tracking, System functional testing and signing off for production.
- Define the features from user story level to detailed functional requirements.
- Collaborate with different teams & stakeholders and ensure that all details are available for successful implementation by the engineers.
- Be aware of the advancement in infotainment, Telematics & Domain controller Hardware architecture
- To work with the UI/UX design team, Hardware & software Engineering teams to define market leading solutions considering timing, cost, and risks
- Represent system requirements and proactively review the implementation of them during the software sprints.
- Track and coordinate the hardware team for timely delivery of Hardware development milestones
- Benchmarking and awareness of competitor products and offerings from automotive & consumer product landscape
- IP aware in area of infotainment & telematics system and strive for growing company IP portfolio
- Define the testing & validation requirement for Infotainment & Telematics systems.
- Define & review test plan & test cases
- Supporting stakeholders:
- Involved in technical inputs to RFI / RFQ process- To Sourcing and Sales / Marketing.
- Works with Engineering Program Management to provide feasibility and planning information.
- Participates in internal and external technical reviews, as required.
- Propose and initiate automotive technology projects and activities aligning with department level roadmap.
- Focus on searching, experimenting, and deploying cutting-edge systems to achieve enterprise level strategies.
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- Knowledge of Infotainment Systems, Telematics System, Vehicle instrument cluster systems
- Experience on requirements preparation for Infotainment, Telematics, Cluster systems
- Functional Knowledge of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, 4G,
- Experiential Knowledge of display modules, Modems, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi modules
- Excellence in analytical thinking, problem solving & Root cause analysis Automotive Engineering
- Knowledge of vehicle Electrical and Electronics architecture.
- Good awareness of Various vehicle domains, systems and components, Automotive Development life cycle & Embedded Software Development life cycle
- Experience in Systems development methodology - Use case elicitation, Requirements Management,
- Functions analysis & allocation, verification & validation.
- Experience in Change and Configuration management
- Ability to communicate complex ideas seamlessly and persuasively to peers, management, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Good technical leadership, planning & organization skills in relevant areas.
- Good team collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent risk management skills, experienced in performing trade space analysis and weighting safety against availability/allocation.
- Good analytical, logical reasoning & problem-solving skills.
- Effective Communication to be able to deal with cross-functional team members- Marketing, Design,
- Hardware, Software, Vehicle systems & Validation.
- Fluent in communication - Written and Spoken English.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Electronics & Communication/Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Automotive product development (Gone through at least 1 or 2 product lifecycles). 2 Years minimum in Automotive advanced & connected Infotainment/Telematics/Cluster Systems development.