Designation: Vice President Data Science
Role: Head of Data Science
Head Data Science must be a hands-on Statistician and Data Scientist, who will develop and manage a world class team of data scientists that will drive customer engagement and business value by using data and advanced analytics. She/he will act as a thought leader for the use of data to drive critical business strategy and decisions
- Develop and implement a strategic roadmap to progressively move towards an increasingly data driven organization
- Lead all data related activities to support development of new data science approaches and methodologies to improve operations and business outcomes
- Project management of multiple projects involving different stake holders.
- Partner with Business and Product in design, measurement and feedback loop for continuous improvement
- Support the different business functions in meeting their core metrics by finding impactful business insights
- Mentor and develop a team of data scientists
- Partner with academia and vendors to leverage cutting edge AI/ML solutions for the organizations
Core Competencies :
- Expertise in statistics, regression and classification models, machine learning techniques, NLP and Optimization techniques.
- Proven competencies in learning new products and services, new markets, new verticals
- Experience in data driven optimization in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Customer Engagement, Fraud risk and Operational risk.
- Experience in python, R or any other programming language for data science
- Experience working with big data and machine learning technologies
- Strong strategic, creative and analytical skills in order to develop and scale plans, strategies and tactics for a business model.
- Develop and mentor a high performing data science team
- Strategic Orientation
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Analytical thinking
- Problem Solving
Education and Experience :
Masters in Statistics/MS/PhD from a Tier I Management Institution, with sound knowledge on Quantitative Science/Statistics and a minimum of 15 years' experience.