We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer (Hybrid)-1
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The VCN, Spend Controls & Alerts team is looking for a Software Developer II to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proactive software engineer for a world class distributed agile development team in the commercial virtual payments space.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our platform/application.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Contribute to the team and wider platform on a daily basis.
- Ensure the final product is highly performant, responsive, and of the highest quality.
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies including daily scrum, story pointing, story elaboration, and retrospectives.
- Experienced developer with strong Java development experience with Spring/Hibernate.
- Proven experience building world class solutions on a global scale.
- Experience working in an agile environment and actively contributing to discussions at retrospectives/elaboration sessions.
- Solid experience with RESTful APIs and JSON/SOAP based API with Java.
- Knowledge of cloud native development such as cloud foundry, AWS, etc.
- Must be detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.