The Enterprise Data Solutions team is looking for a Software Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate will be part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing Data Engineering solutions in the data and analytics domain. This position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services that are simple, secure and scalable.
- Develop high quality, secure and scalable data pipelines using spark, Scala/ python/ Java on Hadoop or object storage.
- Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovate with increasingly large data sets.
- Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems.
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
All About You
- 6+ years of experience in Data Warehouse related projects in product or service-based organization
- Expertise in Data Engineering and implementing multiple end-to-end DW projects in Big Data environment
- Experience of building data pipelines through Spark with Scala/Python/Java on Hadoop or Object storage
- Experience of working with Databases like Oracle, Netezza and have strong SQL knowledge
- Experience of working on Nifi will be an added advantage
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- Strong analytical skills required for debugging production issues, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plan
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects, interface with external / internal resources
- Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, and perform POC to explore best solution for the problem statement
- Flexibility to work as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project teams
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.