The Payment Network Solutions - Switching Gateway provides a single payment connection that supports Mastercard and non-Mastercard branded financial transactions. It is a streamlined interface that enables transaction originators and receivers (e.g., merchants, financial institutions, and processors) to connect to other players in the payment ecosystem. Our team of integrators, analysts, testers and subject matter experts work together to build four platforms that encompasses full lifecycle of payment processing. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager – Technical to drive and execute our product roadmap initiatives, technical and functional documentation, projects which leads to better customer onboarding and experience by consistently innovating and problem-solving.
- Own the working backwards document and vision for feature releases, elicits, and decomposes business requirements into platform requirements and user stories.
- Lead projects/initiatives as an experienced professional with comprehensive industry hands-on experience of functional, technical analysis, writing high quality design documents to cover customer/business ask, functional and technical approach, testability, application performance parts of the product
- Owns and manages product documentation which includes tech specs, functional specs, release and customer impact notifications, ensures features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams
- Enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
- Partner with vendors, internal, external stakeholders, customers to understand and convert business case, customer requirements (user stories, use cases) into functional and platform requirements and co-ordinates to convert them into product solutions
- Exhibits expertise within platform feature area and coordinates with interdependent teams
- Identifies feature risks from business and customer feedback and in-depth analysis of operational performance, shares with senior leadership
- Accountable for ensuring new product development follows the PME framework
- Manages and communicates product performance through dashboard reporting and metrics
- Apply business and functional capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior colleagues and provide inputs into their performance review process
- Establishes a network within the organization; begins to build internal and external networks
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global and fast paced environment
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Business or equivalent experience. Cards and payments domain and FIS’s Connex or IST product suite experience is a plus
- Take the time to fully learn the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems supporting your platform products. This includes the business requirements and associated use cases, Mastercard customer's experience, Mastercard's back office systems, the technical stack (application/service architecture), interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations (i.e. trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
- Understand and explain the business context and the associated customer use cases and recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
- Be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and present compelling presentations, business use cases
- Proficient at grooming user stories, setting entrance/exit criteria and prioritizing a platform product backlog
- Understand the technologies supporting the platform product and can hold your own in debates with other PM-Ts, TPMs, SDEs, and SPMs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.