Marketing Sweet is excited to reach out to Frontend Developers across the world! We are seeking a talented Web Developer who is looking to join our dynamic team at Australia’s leading Web Design & SEO company.
Reporting to our internal Web Care Team, you will be responsible for building websites to spec, based on high-fidelity wireframes created by our designers.
You will also be responsible for making changes to websites based on client feedback, which will be provided to you.
You must have excellent verbal and written English skills, enabling you to listen, understand & carry out instructions to the letter.
This role is ideal for developers who show great initiative when it comes to communication. Your days will be scheduled and monitored by our internal team, so it is crucial that the highest level of communication is maintained.
Additionally, you must know what makes attractive websites attractive, and have the ability to identify and communicate potential issues before they arise.
The more value you can bring to the table and communicate, the more your role within our company will grow.
- Working with the Web Care team and Project Managers on a number of exciting web projects, both informational and eCommerce
- Following and executing detailed project briefs and scopes
- Updating existing websites or building new websites on WordPress, ranging from information-based to e-Commerce
- Debug technical issues and provide solutions and recommendations
- Be able to follow instructions and processes
- Be able to work autonomously as well as communicate with a team
- Have excellent English communication skills
- Display high attention to detail
- Be a fast learner
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Be capable of meeting deadlines across multiple projects, and communicating well in advance of the deadline if you foresee issues arising
- Be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic supported by a desire to expand your skillset
Essential IT Skills:
- More than 2 years of experience with WordPress
Experience with popular WordPress page builders (preferably Elementor, Divi and WPBakery)
- Able to create mobile responsive websites
- Understanding of good website UI/UX principles
- Experienced in using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Able to create custom graphics and icons based on client requirements
- A thorough understanding of SEO standard practice in relation to page structure
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement solutions collaboratively and independently
- Up-to-date with all the latest web development trends and technologies
- Initiative to carry out comprehensive testing on code changes made
- Ability to work within an agile environment and communicate effectively
Desirable IT Skills:
- Able to research WordPress plugins and evaluate suitable solutions for website functionality
- Good understanding of technical SEO
- Ability to debug and diagnose website issues
- Experience with other CMS (Shopify, Wix, etc.)
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, the prerequisites are, you must:
- Submit a Personalised Cover Letter
- Submit a CV including link(s) to your portfolio with a minimum of 3-5 working website/project links
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.