Manager - Corporate Strategy _ immediate Joining| Bangalore
About Magicbricks :
Magicbricks, a division of Times Internet Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd (The Times Group), is India's largest and most trusted property marketplace for all property-related needs, enabling buyers, sellers and renters through technology.
It is India's No 1 property platform that provides a common platform for property buyers, sellers & renters to locate properties of interest across India, and source information about all property related matters. Magicbricks is and has been adjudged as the most preferred site in India, by independent surveys. We are 850+ employees, 11 business verticals with offices across 35 cities and headquartered in Noida.
Job Purpose :
- Magicbricks has a vision to shape the future of real estate / Proptech in India.
- It is looking to incubate and / or scale several new businesses within the Real estate space.
- This will require ongoing assessment of strategic direction and initiatives, as well as picking up the right ideas for launch and execution.
- At the same time, there are many areas of current operations which require improvements and /or drive towards continued excellence.
- This role will be responsible for driving multiple such projects - either cross-functional or dedicated within a business vertical at any point.
- The person will be responsible to drive true and meaningful change - set up a new business from scratch or help the business team in identifying and executing areas of improvement to scale an existing business, or take up the mantle themselves to drive high growth / performance outcomes as a business leader.
What you will deliver - Key Responsibilities :
- Set strategic direction for the business: By analyzing and understanding industry data and trends to identify and evaluate the right opportunities to pursue, including competition assessment, global industry trends, specific opportunities within India in current as well as adjacent spaces / segments
- Drive implementation of specific strategic initiatives: Be the real change-agent, lead or support the different businesses / functions in implementing the chosen strategies through operational deep-dives, detailed action planning as well as direct responsibility of delivering the targeted metrics
- Launch / incubate new ideas and initiatives: Evaluate specific business opportunities for new business, run pilot projects for proof of concept, take the idea to executive stage - Drive 0 to 1!
- Drive growth of business opportunities to scale: Directly take up any priority business projects that need exceptional rigor and/or specialist support to scale them to meaningful size - Drive x to 10x.
What you should be known for - Key competencies :
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - ability to work in a data-driven and hypothesis-based approach, with very good understanding of finding and using external data sources
- Strong understanding of business operations - key performance drivers and how to influence them
- Ability and willingness to dive deep into the operational areas for thorough implementation.
- Ability to manage relationships with people across hierarchies, particularly senior business leaders; demonstrated accomplishment in managing and motivating mid and junior level teams
- Ability to handle multi-tasking environment with a wide range of sensitive and confidential topics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present arguments in a compelling manner
- Passion for results, high degree of commitment with bias for execution excellence
- Strong team player, with high self-confidence and dynamism.
Experience : Candidate should have ideally 2-4 years of experience in strategy / operations or related areas for Indian or multinational organizations - either a top-tier management consulting firm or with mid-large Corporates. Understanding of the Indian consumer internet space is an added advantage.
Qualification: Post Graduate degree / diploma in Management (MBA) from a reputed Indian or global institute, along with a Graduate degree in related disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Sales/Marketing, Business).