We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our strategic sourcing team within Maersk Procurement within the A.P. Moller Maersk Group supporting our business globally. In Maersk Procurement our vision is: “Every dollar spent is spent professionally”. It will be an opportunity to have a career as a global strategic sourcing professional in a Fortune 500 company: For us, fast growth means a steady stream of new challenges, and a constant need for new ideas, knowledge and talent to overcome them. A chance to work on projects around the world: You will join an organization with the size and global reach it takes for you to make your mark on the world. Strategic sourcing works out of offices in Mumbai and Copenhagen. An environment where you will consistently work at the edge of your comfort zone and experience a high degree of empowerment in project strategy, tactics and implementing innovative solutions.
Knowledge beyond borders:
In Maersk Procurement, which currently operates out of more than 20 locations globally, we believe in an environment that focuses on individual talent, skills and interests. We strive to be best in class by utilizing our access to knowledge accumulated in 100+ Maersk countries.
As part of your job you will be building relationships with stakeholders across the globe. On-the-job learning: You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions, practices and domains. We are a dynamic, performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. We live our values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to always change for the better.
You will be responsible and accountable for supporting projects and lead work streams for different Maersk brands in close cooperation with internal stakeholders. These could represent anything from a million dollar to multi-million dollar (upto 500 Mn) in annual spend. As an Assistant Project Manager you will get exposed to a variety of classical (strategic sourcing) consultancy tasks
• Leading creative idea generation workshops with suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- Developing new models to analyze supplier offers and quantify total costs and total values of ownership;
- Mapping and analyzing data on current spend patterns and identifying cost drivers and opportunities in complex marketplaces;
- Communicating complicated messages in compelling ways to senior levels within the businesses;
- Preparing for different types of negotiations; Finally, you will have significant responsibility from the start and be expected to execute and deliver on time and in line with very ambitious savings targets.
We are looking for
Our employees represent a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience and nationalities - most important to us is your personal skills.
You must thrive in a fast paced, fast changing and dynamic environment and be a true team player with strong analytical abilities and interpersonal, and communication skills.
The ideal candidate would look like the below:
Holds a Bachelor’s degree at minimum but preferably also an MBA / Master’s degree.
- Relevant work experience ranging between 3 – 6 years from a reputed organization focusing on procurement and/or project management.
- Top performer who excels in executing under pressure and over-delivering towards their clients/stakeholders
- Understands stakeholder management excellence and can build rapport even in challenging situations.
Demonstrates strong analytical skills and preferably with good experience with financial /excel modelling
- Potential to quickly excel in our key differentiating sourcing skills: Sourcing Strategy, Negotiations, Cost Modelling and Project Management
- International mindset, willingness to travel and excitement to engage in foreign stakeholder management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit