This Senior Software Engineer position is a highly technical senior role with accountability for software development scoped to business-transformative projects and is involved with projects from inception through implementation. Our team is fast-paced and taking on exciting new initiatives to support a fast-growing business. We strive to adopt leading-edge technology and seek to improve on the solutions continuously. We are not afraid to try new things, have fun, and encourage each other to take on new challenges. We support each other in growing professionally and personally. We fail forward and learn from our mistakes, thus creating a better path ahead. We create space for team members to share feedback and ideas that can help us continually grow as an organization.
We operate following an agile framework and leverage multiple product teams across our various functions. We encourage our teams to norm and figure out the best way to deliver critical business initiatives. We institute a culture of fun and lightheartedness to enjoy work each day. We are inclusive and know that we are stronger as a team than as an individual.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents, and maintains applications systems, working on moderately complex to highly complex work tasks or project assignments.
- Gathers, analyzes and translates business and non-functional requirements into a solution design. May lead meetings to define business requirements and technical solutions. Executes tasks, estimates resources, establishes timelines, and prioritizes work.
- Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices.
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed.
- Consults with Quality Assurance and Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems. Leads resolution of production support problems in accordance with problem management policies and procedures. Leads resolution of production support incidents in accordance with incident management policies and procedures. Coordinates with vendors for problem resolution and change requests.
- Ensures that application changes follow change management policies and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet the organization's future needs.
- Uses algorithms, data structures, programming languages, programming paradigms to create, test and operate sustainable software applications and services.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for system process improvements.
- Ensures smooth implementation of new technologies and vendor integrations by using their expertise on their assigned domains and interfaces
- May act as a source for direction, training, and guidance for less experienced departmental staff.
- Deep understanding of the development and deployment of Cloud-based solutions
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or in a related technical field or equivalent technology experience.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible, post-baccalaureate work experience designing, developing, and implementing computer software projects in a web services-based environment utilizing an open-source services framework
- Minimum 6 years experience in OO design patterns and coding best practices - mainly in Java development
- Experience must include working knowledge of Kafka or any of the event-streaming technology
- Develops code, techniques, and processes that interface with middleware, including ETL, ESB, Web Services, SOAP, and XML
- Proven expertise of networking concepts/protocols -TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- 4+ years database design/development experience in RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, Oracle), experience with NoSQL DB design/development preferred
- Experience in ETL transformations, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Technology is a plus
- Experience & working knowledge in AWS Services (AWS Docker ECS, AWS Application load balancer, S3) is a plus
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools like Dynatrace, New Relic, Grafana & Splunk etc.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
- Strong collaboration skills to achieve business goals collectively across broad teams
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influence others to change