COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:TheThe coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That's why we're able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It's why we're investing in disruptive technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar. To create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We've made it scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It's not easy - but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world's most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with perfection and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
In this role you will design, develop, implement, verify and test algorithms to perform guidance, navigation and control of missile defense interceptors and assist with the development of flight software for the weapon system. You will focus in the area of sensor and image processing for target tracking. You will provide support to all Navigation Guidance and Control (NG&C) algorithm design, performance analysis, requirements generation, software verification & validation activities, and pre and post-test support. Normal responsibilities include liaison with other engineering disciplines and lines of business as appropriate, corporate contact, and execution of enterprise and corporate initiatives.
You will typically have a bachelor's degree and 2 years of professional experience for this role.
This position will require obtaining a Secret Clearance
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
- Broad technical skills including rigid body dynamics, control theory, and computer programming.
- Proven experience using Matlab and/or Simulink for simulations, analysis of feedback control systems, closed loop guidance, or navigation algorithms.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD clearance
- Experience with image and sensor processing algorithms
- Experience with target tracking algorithms
- Experience with simulations and physics-based modeling
- Experience with electro-optical sensors
- Experience with missile or missile defense systems, particularly the THAAD algorithms and flight software
- Experience with C++ development and Gitlab
- Experience with FORTRAN and 6DOF simulations
- Experience with model based software development using Simulink (autocoding)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.