Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, home of the world-renowned Skunk Works®, turns visionary aircraft into reality and is known for building the finest military aircraft in the world. This recognition is continually earned through our commitment to relentless research and development of high-performance aircraft, continuously seeking innovative, low-cost design and manufacturing strategies, and delivering operational readiness for our customers' missions to ensure continued relevancy for the life cycle of our products.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple programs on technical and schedule issues with respect to aircraft instrumentation.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, installation, and operational support activities for data acquisition. This includes designing instrumentation systems, releasing engineering documents, work instructions, supporting airworthiness documentation, monitoring fabrication activities, and supporting aircraft checkout and flight operations. The applicant will be the engineering liaison for flight test and instrumentation modification activities.
The candidate should be familiar with integrating various sensors into a data acquisition system. The position will be responsible for ensuring recorded data is correct.
This position may require travel and odd, weekend or overtime shift work on an as-necessary basis.
A level 5 employee Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Experience using various CAD programs such as CATIA, AutoCad, Capital, etc.
• Experience developing instrumentation systems and sensor integration methods used on multiple aircraft.
• Experience developing data acquisition systems for air vehicles.
• Experience with the following:
- Microsoft Office.
- Electronics and electronics troubleshooting techniques and tools, including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and/or other common lab test equipment.
• Understanding of IRIG 106
• GPS and IRIG time standards
• Secret security clearance
• Avionics bus protocols including Mil-Std-1553, ARINC-429, IEEE 1394, Ethernet and Fiber Channel
• Video protocols and compression
The applicant must have excellent organizational and communications skills
• Applicant should have knowledge of Systems Engineering practices and concepts
• Experience with or knowledge of calibration methods for test and evaluation of both mechanical measurements and electronic sensors
• Skilled in the conversion of digital data sets to engineering units and interpretation of data for validity and error determination
• Familiarity with military aircraft technical data, maintenance practices, flight operations, military stores and munitions is a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.