To assist members of the Treasury Payments team in various location with the management of payments (e.g. dividends, interest and trust distributions) with minor/less complicated payments under supervision of a project manager/team leader.
Key Accountabilities and main responsibilities
- Under direct supervision of a team leader/manager, effectively manage the project in accordance with the client’s requirements; complicated payments, or part of a client payment, as assigned to you, ensuring all payments are professionally and thoroughly planned, correctly delivered on time, and within budget by:
- documenting each project’s base assumption’s for Dividends & any payments.
- identifying areas requiring risk management.
- preparing professional and thorough project management documentation; (including payment checklist, risk management strategies, assignment of roles and responsibilities statement, and internal/external supplier contracts and/or service level agreements);
- establishing and managing controls and procedures to mitigate risks;
- attending mailing houses to reconcile payment mailing files versus output
- ensuring all legislative, client, organisational and project requirements are met e.g. tax deducted from payments is lodged on time to the Australia Tax Office (ATO) (or to the client for inclusion in their ATO returns) and all regulatory returns are lodged within time;
- ensuring that each payment project fully reconciles.
- reporting to the client in a timely and professional manner; and,
- effectively managing costs associated with each project.
- Conducting investigations on counterparties for any adverse information, reputational risk issues, inappropriate practices, or behaviour on the part of the counterparty.
- Conducting risk assessments and applying risk categories to new counterparties
- Assist TL/Manager with the tasks associated with payments (e.g. analysing and documenting project risks, documenting a project’s base assumptions) and preparation of project documentation.
- Under direct supervision, for each payment project, ensure that all instructions and payment details are confirmed with the client, and all project management documentation is approved by the Manager prior to a project commencing.
- Within four weeks of each payment’s completion, complete a hindsight review of the payment project (including documentation and risk management controls), ensuring that precedent documentation requiring amendment (to reflect processes, etc.) is brought to the attention of the Manager.
- General administration and other duties as directed including: attendance at operations/staff meetings; participating in corporate projects; drafting invoices; reviewing third party invoices for payment projects; drafting/developing payment processes and procedures documentation; and, contributing to the preparation and implementation of a cost-efficient and effective business plan to ensure the Treasury Payments team contributes positively to Link Market Services’ strategic plan.
- Understanding of processing for various Corporate Action notices.
- Should have end to end knowledge of the Dividend process.
- Confirming/validating Dividend related query.
- Computing & processing Entitlements & accruals.
- Processing Redemptions, coupon & Dividend event.
- Ensuring tax related to dividends are processed and paid to Australian tax office.
- Timely escalation of any queries or issues.
- Assisting junior members of staff with queries
- Conducting ‘4 eye’ checks
- Assisting the Manager with their day-to-day tasks
- Handling queries from the business pertaining to on-boarding and remediation
- Standing in for the Manager in their absence
- Producing MI
- Conducting ad hoc projects when required
Governance & Risk
- Maintain level of accuracy
- Complete assigned task as per provided SLA.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- Qualification in business/financial markets/law/securities industry desirable
- Understanding of various Corporate Action processes includes both all types of Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Actions.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, motivation and organisational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills including negotiation skills, ability to liaise successfully with internal and external parties, and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Flexibility - able to meet demanding deadlines and work long hours to meet those deadlines, as required
Link Group is a leading fund administration and share registry specialist. We are a market leading provider of technology-enabled administration solutions, continually developing our offerings to expand with our clients' needs. Since our inception, Link Group has been entrusted by clients to handle sensitive data in a secure and confidential manner. Our core businesses of fund administration and securities registration are complemented by our expertise in digital solutions and data analytics.
Our HUB in Mumbai has people working from state-of-the-art premises and plays a strategic role by providing operations processing and technology services and support, for Link Group businesses across the globe. We are rapidly growing our Mumbai team to build greater capability within the organisation, and provide specialised local services supported by the strength and scale of Link Group’s global operations and knowledge base.
Link Group is building a dynamic, client focused, caring and inclusive culture that is built on the foundations of an entrepreneurial spirit, effective risk management, empathy and trust, and underpinned by its core values.
We are an inclusive employer whose people work collaboratively. We encourage, support and value the various talents and perspectives of our people and promote a flexible and blended work environment where our people can thrive and their wellbeing is supported. We know that diversity drives better client outcomes, continuous improvement, and growth. Be part of the Link Group journey and together we will achieve our full potential.
We treat all individuals fairly and equitably and do not discriminate on the basis of diverse characteristics including, but not limited to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, cultural background, physical abilities/disabilities, religious or political belief, marital or family status or carers responsibilities.
Candidates must have the relevant work rights to be considered for an opportunity at Link Group. Successful applicants will be required to complete background screening prior to commencement of employment.