About the role:
We are looking for an L&D Manager, who is experienced in training counselors in Study Abroad Education.
● 9-10 + years of relevant experience in the Study Abroad industry
● In Depth domain knowledge of at least 3+ destinations( USA/UK/Canada/Aus/NZ/Ireland)
● Excellent presentation and communication skills
● Prior experience leading digital learning initiatives, implementing or administering
training in Learning Management System/LMS
● Prior experience in managing a team of 5-6
● Expertise in assessing learning needs & knowledge gap among various departments
and design remedial training programs
● Strong research skills & up to date knowledge on study abroad programs
● Ability to conduct, monitor and implement training programs across the organization
● Ability to design and implement effective learning and development experiences.
● Superior technical skills & proficiency in using L&D tools
Good to Have:
● Certifications such as PIER / QUAC / ICEF/ BC / AAERI
● Experience in a fast growing start-up
● Conduct learning needs assessment to identify, plan, design/deploy and evaluate
scalable onboarding and learning development programs
● Design and deliver onboarding, career pathing and leadership development programs
● Work in partnership with peers and other functional heads to identify key
performance, skills & knowledge gaps, prioritizing actions and creating business-
driven development solutions
● Identify, analyze and rectify operational issues in coordination with immediate
● Drive digital learning initiatives among counselors, seniors counselors and other team
● Conduct post training periodic assessments, ghost audits and evaluations
● Prioritize impending gaps and create scalable solutions to address the needs
● Facilitate, Organize & schedule regular training sessions
● Evaluate business impact of L&D initiatives & optimize learning solutions as per
● Manage a team of L&D consultants & associates and be responsible for the units
What is Leap?
We are building this and this and this
In short, we are building the platform to drive global careers for millennials from emerging economies
We work at the exciting intersection of the 2 hottest trends around - edtech & fintech!
And we love that we succeed as a business while powering the dreams of talented students!
How far along are we?
We are the leaders in our space by a mile!
We are backed by Sequoia, Jungle & Owl.
Read the latest fundraising news here on Techcrunch
Who are we as people?
We have a lean, rockstar team.
We have come this far with a lean team because we intend to increase the talent density with every new member we add. Yes, we are more picky than the usual company.
We hire slowly and deliberately
You can meet our founders here -> Arnav Kumar and Vaibhav Singh
Arnav tweets here
Let’s Chat !
We are now building our leadership team and would love to chat with you
This is a great time to join the rocketship and participate in the upside -
You will have super interesting & challenging problems to solve
In a super fast-paced environment that will challenge you
With enough resources to play offense
And mentorship from the founding team
Why is this a great opportunity for the right candidate
Experienced founding team
Right to win - The founding team knows the business & its secrets inside out. We are starting with a significant head start and a precise plan of action
Barriers to entry - This is a specialized play with natural barriers to entry, allowing for significant value creation for all equity holders
Backed by marquee global investors
Exposure to all aspects of company building - exposure to investors, fund-raising, decision making, building the team & culture
All of the above perks of joining a high potential company very early, along with a competitive market salary.