About us :
Leap, backed by Sequoia Capital, is an online platform catering to study abroad aspirants. We provide guidance to students in their journey to a global education & career. We also create modern financial products and services for International students. You can also think of us as a modern bank for international students!
Read more about us here: Tech Crunch
We are a young & ambitious, fast growing company.
We offer meaningful work, an invigorating work environment and a lot of autonomy.
Founder Profile :
Arnav Kumar is a graduate of IIT Kharagpur. Leap is his second company and he has raised more than $30M in capital for his startups.
In his last role, he was a VC investor with SAIF Partners (Now Elevation Capital), which is an early investor in paytm, meesho, urban company, unacademy and many other unicorns.
He thinks and tweets about Product, Business Models and Company Building, here
Vaibhav Singh is a graduate of IIT Kharagpur. He spent his first 6 years at DeutscheBank, across Singapore & Sydney to manage a $3Bn flow book. He has built 2 fintech startups before, as a founding member of CapitalFloat and Incred, both pioneering businesses valued >$500Mn
The Leap team has a fine balance of industry experience (edtech, fintech, study abroad) and technical skills (engineering, product, design)
About the Role :
This role is for www.leapscholar.com & www.leapfinance.com
- Leap is a one-stop platform for any aspirant wishing to study abroad.
- It is a transaction platform for students to apply to the university of choice, avail financing and having a successful global career
- You will own the written word at Leap, influencing our brand communication
- You will influence or lead marketing communication, SEO strategy and content strategy at Leap.
- Summary of requirement: We are building the core engineering team and looking for a Android developer who can take ownership and deliver independently.
Details / What we are looking for :
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering role
- Essential skills required are Java, Android Framework
- Good to have experience in Android Architecture components (MVVM), Kotlin & Dagger
- Experience with early-stage start-up & application published in Play Store is a plus
Why is this a great opportunity for the right candidate:
- Right to win - The founding team knows the business & its secrets inside out
- Backed by marquee global investors
- There is no glass ceiling for this role that limits your growth.
- Full ownership & autonomy