L&T Energy - HydrocarbonKnowledge City Vadodara
15 - 20 Years
14 Sep 2022
Knowledge & Posting Location
Scope Of Work* Primary Shared Across Functionally
- Manage Overseas & Inland transportation of General and ODC Project Material.
- Prepare Proposal stage Logistic Plan for ODC items based on list of ODC given by Proposal Team.
- Study Logistics requirement for ODC and prepare cost estimate for the same.
- Prepare procedures as per ITB requirements and provide the same to PPM.
- Identify the necessity of route survey in consultation with Proposal Manger, PM & PPCH.
- Identify agency for route survey and finalise the order on the agency in consultation with PPCH.
- Participate in route survey (in consultation with PPCH) depending on criticality.
- Study the route survey report issued by Agency and highlights the criticality, cost and transportation time specific to each ODC to PPM, PPCH & Proposal Manager.
- Prepare Project Specific Logistic Plan
- Prepare Project Specific Packing & Marking Instructions.
- For ODC items identify and recommend Logistics options on basis of lead time, reliability and freight costs in line with the logistics plan prepared during proposal.
- Provide transportation / shipping duration to PPM / PMT for Project scheduling.
- Analyse and leverage logistics spend for better terms from Suppliers
- Send RFQ, prepare CBE and finalise order on LSP for ODC items in consultation with PPCH.
- Provide inputs on logistics related risks, if any to PPM.
- Include necessary information in “List of Goods” and provide the same to PPM / PMT for obtaining Import License.
- Identify need for obtaining Licenses for importing “Restricted items” and carry-out necessary formalities for the same through Import Department, Powai.
- Reconciliation of A.R.E. Forms.
- Maintain procedural and documentation requirements for import / export, export benefits, duty drawback etc.
- Undertake feasibility surveys and route surveys esp. for ODC/OWC once again, as required.
- Study the Route Survey Report. Verify the proposed transport methodology suggested by LSP, the requirement of By-passes, strengthening of bridges / culverts / other civil works and list of permits required. Finalise marching path of the ODC from the Project site gate to the unloading area as per recommendations of LSP. •Registration of License with Customs in co-ordination with Import Dept., Powai.
- Ensure reconciliation of License with statutory authority in consultation with PMT / Import Dept.
- Liaise with EXIM Dept. - Powai / CHA for timely Custom clearance of consignment in India.
- Liaise with EXIM Dept. - Powai for documentation formalities for export.
- Inform requirement of transportation saddles to Buyer for ODC.
- Ensure compliance to Government & statutory requirements.
- Co-ordinate with LSP for timely pick-up of consignments. Give advance intimation to LSP for likely readiness date of ODC/OWC.
- Co-ordinate expediting and tracking activities with LSP.
Relationships Management* Internal External
Employees Customer, Vendors, Government agencies
Key Result Areas* •Execution & monitoring the order on LSP.
- Monitor the progress of receipt of Permits from various authorities involved and other activities for ODC/OWC transportation.
- Inspection & selection of handling & transportation equipment such as Cranes, Jacking System, Mechanical Trailers, Hydraulic Axles, Prime Movers, Barges, Tugs etc.
- Ensure timely mobilization of resources and transport equipment.
- Keep a daily track of movement of ODC/OWC.
- Prepare Regular updates / Shipping Status Report covering movement of Inland & Overseas cargo.
- Issue Alerts on delays during transportation, clearance etc.
- Periodic review performance of LSP and initiate course correction.
- Issuing RPs to LSP and Reconciliation of the same.
- Certifying invoices of LSP, make Payment Request and ensure timely payment to LSP.
- Obtain documents from LSP necessary for Insurance Claims.
- Ensure return of empty containers as per agreed schedule.